• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football 2022 season comparison to 2021. (We actually have improved)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

With all of our injuries, I imagine this is being done by default short of burning someone's redshirt.

I know one thing. ALL of our tackles on the offensive line are getting snaps this year. We lost Donovan Jennings and Joshua Blanchard for the year. , I am curious to see what the other DTs on our team can do. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,425
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I know one thing. ALL of our tackles on the offensive line are getting snaps this year. We lost Donovan Jennings and Joshua Blanchard for the year. , I am curious to see what the other DTs on our team can do. 

I have been wondering why the two freshmen Hobbs and Williams haven't been on at all on DT since we are short. We also have some tall receivers holden,ajou(injured still maybe?), khafre brown,  and sincere brown that have been Mia alot. I know our passing game is struggling over the year but has been better lately. Horn is a stud and needs the ball more but I don't know why we haven't seen many other wrs other than k brown, horn Weaver,  and dollison. If we don't win the next two we may as well play all the returning players next year as much as possible and give the kids a look. Can't they play 4 games or is it the first four and not burn a redshirt ?

Edited by Outlaw

I shall keep this going. Of course stats don't meant "shiznit" if we are not winning, but these are our stats for 7 games. 

Notes: 

1. Our offensive line held Tulane to only 1 sack and that's with 2-3 starters out. It seems the transfer olineman are holding their own. 

Remaining Games:

1.       HOUSTON

2.       TEMPLE

3.       SMU

4.       Tulsa

5.       Micky Mouse University

Defense:

·         (2021) – In 12 games we had 9 Sacks, 49 TFLs, 10 INTs, 6 fumble recoveries for the entire season.

·         (2022) 7 games: 13 Sacks, 47 TFLs, 6 INTs, and 9 fumble recoveries

Offense:

1.       Scoring –

a.       (2021) - 12 games: 278pts total @ 23Pts per game

b.       (2022) – 7 games/177 total @ 25.5pts per game

2.       Passing –

a.       (2021) - 12 games: 1909, 6tds, 12 INTs. (In 11 games Timmy had 5tds and 7 ints and threw for 1888 for the year.)

b.       (2022) – 7 games: 1268 yds, 8TDs & 6 INTs. 

3.       Rushing -

a.       (2021) - In 12 games we had 2262yds @ 3.9 yds per carry and 25 rushing TDs

b.       (2022) – 7 games: 1327 yds @ 5.0 yds per carry and 14 rushing TDs

4.       Offensive Line:

a.       (2021) - In 12 games we gave up 24 sacks & 74 TFLs for a lost of 311yds

b.       (2022) – 7 games: 6 sacks & 35 TFLs.

The oline seems to have taken a step forward. I like the oline coach he said something along the lines if we don't win games this year the staff should be fired. He is doing is part to help the team win.  The offense improved slightly but still in the 100s rankings. That should not be acceptable for an offensive minded coach. The defense still is a disaster and my lord we need to do tackling drills.

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:57 PM, Outlaw said:

I have been wondering why the two freshmen Hobbs and Williams haven't been on at all on DT since we are short. We also have some tall receivers holden,ajou(injured still maybe?), khafre brown,  and sincere brown that have been Mia alot. I know our passing game is struggling over the year but has been better lately. Horn is a stud and needs the ball more but I don't know why we haven't seen many other wrs other than k brown, horn Weaver,  and dollison. If we don't win the next two we may as well play all the returning players next year as much as possible and give the kids a look. Can't they play 4 games or is it the first four and not burn a redshirt ?

I saw recent pics of Hobbs and Williams and they definitely look the part now. They both looked fat in older pictures.

30 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I saw recent pics of Hobbs and Williams and they definitely look the part now. They both looked fat in older pictures.

That is his name Hobbs. They should be getting looks. At this time any player not returning next year that isn't producing should be benched.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Would a ******* feast for you!