• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So much complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Leavitt lost at least three conference games every year... not sure that is a "deep tradition of winning".  Yes, under CJL the Bulls won some OUTSTANDING games. Auburn. WVU. L'ville. FSU.

But had some AWFUL losses as well.  The 2004 Homecoming game against Army.  The Voodoo 5 loss against U Conn.  The loss on the road to Kansas under Charlie Weiss.  The 31-0 shellacking from Rutgers.  That freaking Sun Bowl.

CJL built this program.  For that he deserves a statue at the OCS.  However, USF never finished higher than 3rd in the conference, never won 10 games, and was 5-10 against ranked opponents as I-A/FBS.

Also, CJL never had a team finish ranked in the final AP or Coaches polls.

image.png.0f59e1d67d9153d2aea4f40e44950b7e.png

Your objection to USF being a winning program under Leavitt is showing that he was 95-57 and 4-2 in bowl games?

Sure, there were some bad losses. But I NEVER felt going into a game that USF would get throttled like I do now. Since Leavitt was fired, we have fluctuated between having bad talent and bad coaching, with the exception being a couple of Taggart years.

This program has slowly declined to where we are now. Rock bottom.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Leavitt lost at least three conference games every year... not sure that is a "deep tradition of winning".  Yes, under CJL the Bulls won some OUTSTANDING games. Auburn. WVU. L'ville. FSU.

But had some AWFUL losses as well.  The 2004 Homecoming game against Army.  The Voodoo 5 loss against U Conn.  The loss on the road to Kansas under Charlie Weiss.  The 31-0 shellacking from Rutgers.  That freaking Sun Bowl.

CJL built this program.  For that he deserves a statue at the OCS.  However, USF never finished higher than 3rd in the conference, never won 10 games, and was 5-10 against ranked opponents as I-A/FBS.

Also, CJL never had a team finish ranked in the final AP or Coaches polls.

image.png.0f59e1d67d9153d2aea4f40e44950b7e.png

Wow that looks like a winning season every year, while skyrocketing up the conference ladder unlike any team has ever done before. 

Was this meant to brag about his accomplishments, and how under his leadership, we never felt what it was like to be a bad team? Almost like, he had a deep tradition of winning?? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

The announcers were saying Marshall had close to 40 transfers/new players….they just beat Notre Dame

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, dausfbulls11 said:

The announcers were saying Marshall had close to 40 transfers/new players….they just beat Notre Dame

Thats doubled the amount of transfers we have. Maybe we need 2 hit the portal harder.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

So far we lost to the #15  #12 team (come Monday) in week 1, beat an FCS opponent in week 2 and barring any miracles, will lose to the #13 #18 team (come Monday) next weekend.  I said elsewhere, we should chill until we regroup after the ECU game.  If we don't compete at some competent level against UL and/or ECU, then have at it.

GO BULLS!

FIFM - fixed it for myself!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

FIFM - fixed it for myself!

Responding to the original post.  I think most logical fans would be fine with chilling until after ECU, but the level of incompetence shown in much of the first 2 games has me for one worried that it's foreshadowing for what we are going to see throughout the season again.  Hopefully the bright spots (Horn, Battie, a few defensive plays,etc.) will become brighter and out shine the mess.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699

24 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Responding to the original post.  I think most logical fans would be fine with chilling until after ECU, but the level of incompetence shown in much of the first 2 games has me for one worried that it's foreshadowing for what we are going to see throughout the season again.  Hopefully the bright spots (Horn, Battie, a few defensive plays,etc.) will become brighter and out shine the mess.

GB needs to step it up big time along with Horn and Weaver. Too many drops and too many overthrown balls to open WRs. If they can get on the same page the O will be more efficient 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Thats doubled the amount of transfers we have. Maybe we need 2 hit the portal harder.

Always be portaling

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

17 minutes ago, mjadams said:

GB needs to step it up big time along with Horn and Weaver. Too many drops and too many overthrown balls to open WRs. If they can get on the same page the O will be more efficient 

If the dog hadn't stopped chasing the rabbit.....

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, 00Bull said:

The result on the field was pretty much what I expected…a non-dominating win. My biggest complaint are the concessions. $50 for 2 beers, a water and a popcorn? That’s insane. 

I don't remember beer being 16 bucks each in previous years. Robbery.