• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So much complaining

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Except I didn't post any words or opinions that were My own. 

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I figured the line would be closer to -34.5  for Florida.

We do have a program if you can't trust yourself to not post that we'd be glad to implement for you ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

43 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Anyone that thinks the team is improving under  Cjs is delusional.

:roflmao:

I don't know why fervent Scott critics seem to think those that don't agree with their personal conclusions are somehow claiming there is viable, visible improvement.  That sounds more delusional to me. 

I think some are more "wait and see" than ready to offer a personal criticism that makes no difference. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Wow that looks like a winning season every year, while skyrocketing up the conference ladder unlike any team has ever done before. 

Was this meant to brag about his accomplishments, and how under his leadership, we never felt what it was like to be a bad team? Almost like, he had a deep tradition of winning?? 

I for one am a huge Leavitt fan!! We will never see a more dedicated coach ever, he literally built this from the ground up and was VERY successful here. No one can deny his winning percentage and number of big wins (all of my favorite memories are from his teams). That said, he was not perfect and the fact is we never won a conference championship, to which @Outlawis correct. There’s nothing to say that given more time he would have eventually won one, and in hindsight we probably should have stayed with him; but, I personally thought we plateaued under his leadership. You always knew our teams would come out with high energy and we would pull off at least one huge upset and was close to undefeated going into conference play; that’s where he struggled (25-26 BE and CUSA combined). Typically, conference play is what defines a successful year or not, to which CJL was the definition of average. So while I love CJL for all he did for us, there are plenty of facts to support both sides of his tenure and arguing one way or another is futile. The best course for us is to look back on CJL for all of the good things he accomplished here, but focus on moving forward and not backward. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,064
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, michibull said:

but focus on moving forward and not backward. 

I am sure we would love to first go back to where we at least got some big wins then worry about plateauing again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

:roflmao:

I don't know why fervent Scott critics seem to think those that don't agree with their personal conclusions are somehow claiming there is viable, visible improvement.  That sounds more delusional to me. 

I think some are more "wait and see" than ready to offer a personal criticism that makes no difference. 

Our recruiting, offense , defense , and winning  percentage. He is supposed to be an elite offensive mind and was co-oc that was the passing game coordinator and receivers coach that did not call plays.  How is our passing game so bad if that is his strength and area of expertise? I just don't know how you can try to say he is making  any measurable progress when the team is getting worse in every measurable  statistic .

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I just don't know how you can try to say he is making  any measurable progress when the team is getting worse in every measurable  statistic .

Where have I said that?  That's the point.  You keep drilling on to fictitious representations.

Just now, Brad said:

Where have I said that?  That's the point.  You keep drilling on to fictitious representations.

I am not saying you, but people in general have been saying the culture is improving and we are making progress. Reality the team is moving backwards  not forward so far under his tenure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I am sure we would love to first go back to where we at least got some  big  wins then worry about plateauing again.

Fixed it for you ...

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I am not saying you, but people in general have been saying the culture is improving and we are making progress. Reality the team is moving backwards  not forward so far under his tenure.

The culture is improving.  The problem is you think an improving culture automatically results in wins over "FBS teams" (and Top 25 teams)  It doesn't, you still have to have players, coaches, a plan, etc.  

Hard to believe the team could still be moving backward as backwards as you have described it for months before Game One, before you saw a thing.

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

The culture is improving.  The problem is you think an improving culture automatically results in wins over "FBS teams" (and Top 25 teams)  It doesn't, you still have to have players, coaches, a plan, etc.  

Hard to believe the team could still be moving backward as backwards as you have described it for months before Game One, before you saw a thing.

If you look at the stats from ccs the year he got fired and compare the stats from Cjs. We are scoring less,  getting less yards on offense, letting up more points,  giving you more yards , and our recruiting class average is lower. He is now 1-19 in fbs football which is even worse.  Do you need me the provide charts and data again to show you? Unless the culture  change is to move the team backwards,  I do not see how it it positive.

Edited by Outlaw