• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So much complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

We are a bad team in a G5 conference, the #2 season was a weird year for CFB. Jim Leavitt never won a conference championship.

We aren’t a program with a deep tradition of winning, we cannot afford to fire coaches two-three seasons in. Let this guy run his course.

Under Leavitt, USF objectively had a deep tradition of winning. The only bad years of USF football have come outside of Leavitt. 

If you want to point out the history of USF losing, never mention Leavitt's name again. You can mention Holtz, Strong, Scott, and anybody involved in Leavitts firing. Thank you. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Under Leavitt, USF objectively had a deep tradition of winning. The only bad years of USF football have come outside of Leavitt. 

If you want to point out the history of USF losing, never mention Leavitt's name again. You can mention Holtz, Strong, Scott, and anybody involved in Leavitts firing. Thank you. 

Leavitt lost at least three conference games every year... not sure that is a "deep tradition of winning".  Yes, under CJL the Bulls won some OUTSTANDING games. Auburn. WVU. L'ville. FSU.

But had some AWFUL losses as well.  The 2004 Homecoming game against Army.  The Voodoo 5 loss against U Conn.  The loss on the road to Kansas under Charlie Weiss.  The 31-0 shellacking from Rutgers.  That freaking Sun Bowl.

CJL built this program.  For that he deserves a statue at the OCS.  However, USF never finished higher than 3rd in the conference, never won 10 games, and was 5-10 against ranked opponents as I-A/FBS.

Also, CJL never had a team finish ranked in the final AP or Coaches polls.

image.png.0f59e1d67d9153d2aea4f40e44950b7e.png

• Upvote 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

So far we lost to the #15 team (come Monday) in week 1, beat an FCS opponent in week 2 and barring any miracles, will lose to the #13 team (come Monday) next weekend.  I said elsewhere, we should chill until we regroup after the ECU game.  If we don't compete at some competent level against UL and/or ECU, then have at it.

GO BULLS!

I agree 100% - if we lose to ECU, then it is time to hit the panic button.  
Currently, we are more or less where we should be with the schedule we have

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

So far we lost to the #15 team (come Monday) in week 1, beat an FCS opponent in week 2 and barring any miracles, will lose to the #13 team (come Monday) next weekend.  I said elsewhere, we should chill until we regroup after the ECU game.  If we don't compete at some competent level against UL and/or ECU, then have at it.

GO BULLS!

And we did put up more points on BYU than #9 Baylor.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

This season we had a ton of transfers come in and new coordinators. Everyone expects us to all of a sudden start winning? Let the team gel! We aren’t a program with a deep tradition of winning, we cannot afford to fire coaches two-three seasons in. Let this guy run his course.

The administration is making investments in the program. We have a stadium coming along with other athletic changes. We have a media deal with 102.5 the bone. There is a lot of good going on in this program.

Ton of transfers - so has every team.

New coordinators - if we give this a pass, he can just hire new coordinators every year and get an infinite pass.

No winning tradition - Taggart proved you can build a winning team at USF in three years and you don’t even have to be a competent HC. 

Let CJS run his course - the guy is a terrible HC. We need a new direction now. He has had 3 years and has proven to be terrible at his job. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Honestly, with the long term combined futility of football and MBB along with getting left behind in realignment I don’t think the complaining/negativity is that bad here on TBP.  Try hanging out on a message board of a P5 program that has endured what we’ve endured and TBP would seem like a church social.

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Losing is one thing, but these guys don't even stand to be competitive against good teams.  Never in my wildest nightmares would I ever look at a USF schedule and "hope" to get wins against the likes of Tulane, Tulsa, and East Carolina.  It sucks that this program has been at its worst during the most important realignment times in college football.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

This is true.  They are trying so much harder than in the past.  The product is unwatchable for any knowledgeable football fan though, so people are right to complain after spending in some cases thousands of dollars.

Hope you are right.  There's still time to salvage the year.

Last year the defense had 9 total sacks for the entire year. This year, we are already at 4 sacks after 2 games. Right now the weakest part of the defense is Shoop. He seems to keep getting "outcoached". 

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

And we did put up more points on BYU than #9 Baylor.

GB was only sacked once in week 1 ... BYU had 4 sacks against Baylor.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Leavitt lost at least three conference games every year... not sure that is a "deep tradition of winning".  Yes, under CJL the Bulls won some OUTSTANDING games. Auburn. WVU. L'ville. FSU.

But had some AWFUL losses as well.  The 2004 Homecoming game against Army.  The Voodoo 5 loss against U Conn.  The loss on the road to Kansas under Charlie Weiss.  The 31-0 shellacking from Rutgers.  That freaking Sun Bowl.

CJL built this program.  For that he deserves a statue at the OCS.  However, USF never finished higher than 3rd in the conference, never won 10 games, and was 5-10 against ranked opponents as I-A/FBS.

Also, CJL never had a team finish ranked in the final AP or Coaches polls.

image.png.0f59e1d67d9153d2aea4f40e44950b7e.png

image.png.84bf468831ed460ff7134ba81c386499.png

• Upvote 2