• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Update from MK

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I get that for sure.  I guess what I meant was if we lose a practice field or two to make room for a stadium, can the field in the stadium be used in place of the practice field, or is the grass too fragile (cause it has to look good for game day)?

Yeah, I was just messing with you. But I'm sure it could be used as a venue for some other $$ makers. The team would have to practice in the stadium so they could get tuned in to the turf, visibility, kicking, day vs under lights, etc. Guess if they keep 1 outdoor field and have the indoor field plus the stadium, they will have several practice areas available. Probably won't let the lineman tear it up too much though so it looks like a cow pasture...of course, we are Bull's!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

21 hours ago, bulloni said:

Nobody is going to have to walk further than Fowler fields for parking/tailgating.

Find that hard to believe.  I can see people walking from Bruce B Downs side of campus to get to the the game if we ever draw 40k again.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 hours ago, bulloni said:

Nobody is going to have to walk further than Fowler fields for parking/tailgating.

That’s f’n sad. It’s college football you walk to stadium to go to the game. A ridiculous excuse…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Find that hard to believe.  I can see people walking from Bruce B Downs side of campus to get to the the game if we ever draw 40k again.  

Heck . .  people will be walking from the mall.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Heck . .  people will be walking from the mall.

If we still have classes in the movie theatre I consider that on campus 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

On 12/4/2021 at 8:01 AM, CousinRicky said:

Walked 15-20 minutes to ucf game. Walked almost that far for PAID parking to NC State game.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455

22 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s f’n sad. It’s college football you walk to stadium to go to the game. A ridiculous excuse…

Ranks right up there with, take your pick, hot-cold-time-day... Whiners will always find an excuse to whine about.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Looks like Miami has finally figured out that their home games in a rented NFL stadium sucks.  They just hired away Radakovich from Clemson as their AD who’s known as a monster fund raiser  for athletics.  It also helps to have a billionaire booster willing to throw in a lot of chedda.

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262

On 12/4/2021 at 9:37 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

Well people are pretty lazy and it is hard to motivate a team to come watch a team with 1 fbs win in 2 seasons even if the stadium is on campus. The easiest way to get fans, alumni and students in the seats is win and put a better product on the field. An OCS would be beneficial in the long run but if we are winning 1 -3 games a year , it won't matter. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well people are pretty lazy and it is hard to motivate a team to come watch a team with 1 fbs win in 2 seasons even if the stadium is on campus. The easiest way to get fans, alumni and students in the seats is win and put a better product on the field. An OCS would be beneficial in the long run but if we are winning 1 -3 games a year , it won't matter. 

Correct, some people are pretty lazy and won’t get off their tired fat asses to support a team that is working hard. I have no sympathy for those kinds of “fans”…