• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Update from MK

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

The stadium may have artificial turf.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/3/2021 at 8:54 AM, 72bull said:

None of these locations seem to consider parking facilities.

you should see Gainesville on gameday...
rule is:  park anywhere that is not blocking fire hydrant or a sidewalk.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Looks like Miami has finally figured out that their home games in a rented NFL stadium sucks.  They just hired away Radakovich from Clemson as their AD who’s known as a monster fund raiser  for athletics.  It also helps to have a billionaire booster willing to throw in a lot of chedda.

Just for the record, it won't be on campus, which doesn't matter for them because of small student body and a fan base where most didn't attend ...... hell, I'd be surprised if most of their fan base graduated high school.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Triple B said:

Just for the record, it won't be on campus, which doesn't matter for them because of small student body and a fan base where most didn't attend ...... hell, I'd be surprised if most of their fan base graduated high school.

You’re splitting hairs here.  It will be in Coral Gables and it will be their own.  That’s what matters.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, E.T. said:

The stadium may have artificial turf.

getting that from some new stadium news somewhere? or just hypothesizing? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

You’re splitting hairs here.  It will be in Coral Gables and it will be their own.  That’s what matters.

Not splitting hairs at all. From all the talk on here, which I agree with, the value of our having our own stadium is the fact it would be on campus and the positives that would bring. That's what matters to us I thought.

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

12 minutes ago, bulloni said:

getting that from some new stadium news somewhere? or just hypothesizing? 

Hypothesizing . . .

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not splitting hairs at all. From all the talk on here, which I agree with, the value of our having our own stadium is the fact it would be on campus and the positives that would bring. That's what matters to us I thought.

I'm guessing if we built our own stadium at the Fairgrounds or a parking lot next to Ray Jay that we'd get a lot of argument that it isn't an on campus stadium.  Technically if we built it at University Mall or MOSI, which don't appear to options, it would not be on campus but probably close enough to count.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They’re a small private school with a campus that has a very small footprint in a large city so its no surprise they don’t have the real estate within the campus border for an OCS.  The proposal is to put it where Coral Gables high school stadium is located making it far easier for students to attend rather than making the trek all the way to Sunrise.

The bottom line is they are a P5 school that came to the conclusion that playing their home games in a rented NFL stadium was not working and are making plans to change it.  If playing in a rented NFL stadium was such a great idea, they would not be trying to get out.

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Miami is learning the hard way that playing fair is difficult for a small University. They were doing really well for a long time with their illegal, underhanded strategy of having boosters pay the players and provide booze, yachts, drugs, and women. Now, without the inherent advantages of cheating, they are having a really hard time fielding a good to great team and competing in what has become a watered down ACC. 

• Upvote 2