• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Update from MK

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

53 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

you should see Gainesville on gameday...
rule is:  park anywhere that is not blocking fire hydrant or a sidewalk.

Yup.  I've seen it (although only once--when USF was there on the hottest game day ever recorded.)

One thing that crossed my mind many times as I made my way toward the ball game...The only places we could find to relieve ourselves on gameday on campus were in bathroom facilities in various buildings...and these bathrooms were awful.  Totally trashed and abused.  I remember thinking I wouldn't want that happening on my own campus.  Hopefully they will put up temporary porta-johns on game day like they have at Raymond James.  At least that would keep our buildings safe from abuse.  Silly sidebar topic, but it will become something we have to plan for when we have thousands of tailgaters scattered across our campus parking lots.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Tomorrow is December 7th!!

Why Do We 'Dance' When We Really Need to Urinate? » Science ABC

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Yup.  I've seen it (although only once--when USF was there on the hottest game day ever recorded.)

One thing that crossed my mind many times as I made my way toward the ball game...The only places we could find to relieve ourselves on gameday on campus were in bathroom facilities in various buildings...and these bathrooms were awful.  Totally trashed and abused.  I remember thinking I wouldn't want that happening on my own campus.  Hopefully they will put up temporary porta-johns on game day like they have at Raymond James.  At least that would keep our buildings safe from abuse.  Silly sidebar topic, but it will become something we have to plan for when we have thousands of tailgaters scattered across our campus parking lots.

things have changed since then, at least where we tailgate.  The restrooms were open before the last noon game, we clean, and closed during the game.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Well people are pretty lazy and it is hard to motivate a team to come watch a team with 1 fbs win in 2 seasons even if the stadium is on campus. The easiest way to get fans, alumni and students in the seats is win and put a better product on the field. An OCS would be beneficial in the long run but if we are winning 1 -3 games a year , it won't matter. 

If USF keeps winning only one or two games a year, the attendance will be worse than SCLSU's was before Bobby Boucher hit the field. 

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Tomorrow is BOT meeting.  Will we hear any kind of announcement this week on OCS plans?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Technically if we built it at University Mall or MOSI, which don't appear to options, it would not be on campus but probably close enough to count.

I agree, MOSI moreso than University Mall .... but those both are a lot closer to the campus than the proposed one in Miami, but UM's location would be the best they can do considering their options.

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Tomorrow is BOT meeting.  Will we hear any kind of announcement this week on OCS plans?

Rebel Without A Cause Good Luck GIF by Turner Classic Movies

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

They’re a small private school with a campus that has a very small footprint in a large city so its no surprise they don’t have the real estate within the campus border for an OCS.  The proposal is to put it where Coral Gables high school stadium is located making it far easier for students to attend rather than making the trek all the way to Sunrise.

Which makes sense but it's still not within reasonable walking distance of the students and it doesn't get their alumni back on campus, both things we would build a stadium for. What they're doing is like us building a stadium on the south side of Busch Blvd. Makes no sense for us even if it is our own ...

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The bottom line is they are a P5 school that came to the conclusion that playing their home games in a rented NFL stadium was not working and are making plans to change it. If playing in a rented NFL stadium was such a great idea, they would not be trying to get out.

It was a great enough idea that they won 6 conference titles and 5 national championships playing in one .... obviously times have changed enough that their priorities are maybe different and they want a stadium of their own now and they should have enough $$$$ to make it happen but they're not building for the same reasons we want to build one.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

44 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

https://www.usf.edu/board-of-trustees/documents/meetings/general/20211207-bot-agenda.pdf

Here's the agenda. What was the original wording that made people excited for December 7th? Only thing I see related is approval of the presidents goals and I know they mentioned a new stadium will be one of them.

Is the idea that some more details for the stadium will be presented as part of the approval process? Then those details would get leaked I suppose