• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football receives 3 year probation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-south-florida-suspends-charlie-strong

How can we have had all of these extra coaches and still tend downwards???

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

So does this cement CCS being worse than Skip as the worst USF coach of all time?

Yes it does for me. Atleast Holtz as a person seemed like a nice guy...nothing redeeming about Strong at all.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

42 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-south-florida-suspends-charlie-strong

How can we have had all of these extra coaches and still tend downwards???

This has to be the most useless NCAA investigation of all time:

1) per the article, violations occurred in 2017-2018, so it has taken almost 4 years for the NCAA to address it

2) They are penalizing a team that was an utter train wreck under CCS, so this should really be chalked up “time served”

3) They are suspending Chuckles two years after he was fired for gross incompetence 

:facepalm:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

Complete crap that Strong gets a slap of one game but the school and new coaches and different team years later gets the punishment. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Seriously, HTF does the NCAA find out about this minor crap?  Is McMurphy's mole still around USF?

Clearly, this is an example of what the great Jerry Tarkanian used to talk about when he said things like  “The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation.”

North Carolina recently got off with nothing for the  worst case of academic fraud I had ever heard of.  USF does something, thou must pay dearly for the sins one has committed.  North Carolina (insert favored Pee 5 team) no pasa nada. 

I remember North Carolina basketball fans hated UNLV and made them out to be villians despite the fact what they like to call "the Carolina way" was way worse than anything Tark did. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I was unaware of any of that. The way he would come in and clean house, I assumed he ran a tight ship in that regard.

Clint Hurtt brought the dream team to UL, under Strongs time there. Tons of Miami area players. Hurrt is about as dirty as dirty can beClint Hurtt brought the dream team to UL, under Strongs time there. Tons of Miami area players. Hurtt is about as dirty as dirty can be.   https://www.si.com/nfl/2013/02/26/ncaa-m

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,245

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Just great..First our bball coach is accused of being racist and now we are cheaters. WTF  

who isn’t a racist these days?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Seriously, HTF does the NCAA find out about this minor crap?  Is McMurphy's mole still around USF?

My guess is USF Athletics self reported once they found out. That’s why we will probably only lose a few scholarships. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

My guess is USF Athletics self reported once they found out. That’s why we will probably only lose a few scholarships. 

Im pretty sure I heard some rumbleings about this and USF trying to not pay Chuckles his due amount. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462

From the report.

"When the South Florida compliance department learned of the football violations, it provided additional rules education to the football staff, including the former football head coach. Following that rules education, the football program continued to allow seven noncoaching staff members to participate in skills instruction. Furthermore, according to the agreement, equipment managers used headsets to alert noncoaching staff members when compliance staff were attending football practices, so the additional violations of countable coaches rules were not discovered."