• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football receives 3 year probation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Im pretty sure I heard some rumbleings about this and USF trying to not pay Chuckles his due amount. 

That’s how I remember it as well

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It’s a slap on the wrist because we self reported and already took some action:

The institution shall pay a fine of $10,000 plus one-half of one percent of each of the football and women’s basketball budgets.The institution shall reduce the number of initial grants-in-aid awarded in the football program by two for the 2022-23 academic year.The head women’s basketball coach shall be subject to a one-year show-cause order and shall be restricted from participation in 15 hours of team practices during the 2021-22 women’s basketball playing season.A reduction of 12 total practice hours for the women’s basketball team during the 2021-22 playing season.A number of smaller, short-term penalties were also imposed on the women’s basketball, women’s golf, women’s volleyball and football programs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,974
  • Days Won:  12

I dont know how many more kicks in the nuts this program can take. 

The punishment to chucky himself is not severe enough. Part of me hopes this ends any hopes of a college career for him and that he fizzles out as an NFL "coach". The bitter part of me hopes thats what USF was going for here... 

2 scholarships taken away means 2 less stars to bring on board where we need help badly. 0.5% of football revenue is ~95k. Both hurt. I would rather be banned from a bowl game cause that's not happening anyway.

I cannot even process that my most recent donations to the Bulls Club are STILL covering the crap Charlie left behind ($100k+ in fines) and hardly even a drop in the bucket at that. It's unfathomable. 

I am not even joking when I say VPMK needs to hold a town hall for the Bulls Club. I would rather have 60 minutes of his time than any gift package or novelty. He needs to address the whole situation... conference realignment, football performance, sanctions, stadium. Or maybe I just need to look in the mirror. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I am not even joking when I say VPMK needs to hold a town hall for the Bulls Club. I would rather have 60 minutes of his time than any gift package or novelty. He needs to address the whole situation... conference realignment, football performance, sanctions, stadium.

Spot on. I was driving home from work thinking I want some statement out of Athletics on just where this department is going. Need a STATE of BULLSNATION address from him and why the hell  is he still VP?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Between CCS and CJS you would think they would let us off on time served 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s a slap on the wrist because we self reported and already took some action:

The institution shall pay a fine of $10,000 plus one-half of one percent of each of the football and women’s basketball budgets.The institution shall reduce the number of initial grants-in-aid awarded in the football program by two for the 2022-23 academic year.The head women’s basketball coach shall be subject to a one-year show-cause order and shall be restricted from participation in 15 hours of team practices during the 2021-22 women’s basketball playing season.A reduction of 12 total practice hours for the women’s basketball team during the 2021-22 playing season.A number of smaller, short-term penalties were also imposed on the women’s basketball, women’s golf, women’s volleyball and football programs.

Punishing a team through probation by lowering the amount of time they get to practice with each other??

That's wild.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

Has the entire campus gone La Brea on us yet?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  6

When the autopsy inevitably happens for USF football, we can look back at the day Charlie Strong was hired as the cause of death. Pathetic 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

When the autopsy inevitably happens for USF football, we can look back at the day Charlie Strong was hired as the cause of death. Pathetic 

Every time I think I am  the smartest man in the room, I look back and think of how fortunate I felt we were to have Chuck fired when Tags left, I realized now I don’t know **** and this helps me stay grounded 😎😎

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Every time I think I am  the smartest man in the room, I look back and think of how fortunate I felt we were to have Chuck fired when Tags left, I realized now I don’t know **** and this helps me stay grounded 😎😎

Put me in that camp as well