• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football receives 3 year probation

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

31 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

When the autopsy inevitably happens for USF football, we can look back at the day Charlie Strong was hired as the cause of death. Pathetic 

As much as I would rather not be doom and gloom with you, the toe tag was applied long before the incompetent Charlie.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Every time I think I am  the smartest man in the room, I look back and think of how fortunate I felt we were to have Chuck fired when Tags left, I realized now I don’t know **** and this helps me stay grounded 😎😎

I’m with you. I thought it might work. But we learned that his whole reputation was a fallacy built on nothing but what people had hoped him to be.  He’s incompetent.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 hours ago, Brad said:

I’m with you. I thought it might work. But we learned that his whole reputation was a fallacy built on nothing but what people had hoped him to be.  He’s incompetent.  

it was an awful hire and it was obvious before the contract was signed.

he burned down the wealthiest program in the country.

he was an old strict defensive minded coach brought in to replace a young energetic offensive minded coach.

it was a complete 180 in philosophy.

UCF continued to have success because they hired someone very similar to who had left. a young offensive minded coach replaced a young offensive minded coach.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,052
  • Days Won:  38

10 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Punishing a team through probation by lowering the amount of time they get to practice with each other??

That's wild.

Isn't the NCAA almost dead?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Really nice to to see the Tampa Times felt this to be worthy of front page Sports section material.  We play a football game and it is buried on page 9 if it even gets into print.  From their article it sounded like a couple of the Generals weren't available so some staffers stepped in to play the on the Scout team.  What petty, minor BS.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

who isn’t a racist these days?

Yeah, being  "racist" use to mean something but now it just means: "I Hate You"...Yep, anybody everybody..Crazy is upon us

• Off Topic 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

it was an awful hire and it was obvious before the contract was signed.

he burned down the wealthiest program in the country.

he was an old strict defensive minded coach brought in to replace a young energetic offensive minded coach.

it was a complete 180 in philosophy.

UCF continued to have success because they hired someone very similar to who had left. a young offensive minded coach replaced a young offensive minded coach.

Your last paragraph is the key Bull94. Harlan wanted to pad his own resume by showing he could get a Charlie Strong to come to USF, do it in a way that would not cost much and then leverage that fact by sending out resumes to power 5 schools. Never once was he concerned about the coaching philosophy of his hire. Mark Harlan is just as culpable in the down turn of USF football, maybe even more so, as is Strong.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,052
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your last paragraph is the key Bull94. Harlan wanted to pad his own resume by showing he could get a Charlie Strong to come to USF, do it in a way that would not cost much and then leverage that fact by sending out resumes to power 5 schools. Never once was he concerned about the coaching philosophy of his hire. Mark Harlan is just as culpable in the down turn of USF football, maybe even more so, as is Strong.

I agree.  Harlan should go down as one half of the two headed snake.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Yeah, being  "racist" use to mean something but now it just means: "I Hate You"...Yep, anybody everybody..Crazy is upon us

Spoken from a cool white guy perspective…😂

• Off Topic 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Spoken from a cool white guy perspective…😂

Hmmmm?? Now I'm worried about you

• Off Topic 1