• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football receives 3 year probation

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,997
  • Days Won:  469

:hijack:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

We were cheating and lost that many games under Strong?  I used to respect him when he first showed up.  My opinion of him changed.  He is a idiot.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

More surprising that women's hoops got dinged, that's a program that I felt was usually pretty clean under Jose. It does seem like small petty things, but they should know those time limits and other things and that one hurts more, whereas with football, we suck and our previous coaches sucked and the NCAA sucks with their dole outs sometimes.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, Danm1983 said:

More surprising that women's hoops got dinged, that's a program that I felt was usually pretty clean under Jose. It does seem like small petty things, but they should know those time limits and other things and that one hurts more, whereas with football, we suck and our previous coaches sucked and the NCAA sucks with their dole outs sometimes.

I am 100% okay if the envelope is pushed if we win. But to "cheat" and be completely inept is inexcusable. 

And somehow USF was able to do this twice 

Once with Strong and once with Antigua

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

Did they really explain what the violations were?  It sounded like unauthorized / untrained personnel at practice.  I might have misinterpreted it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Did they really explain what the violations were?  It sounded like unauthorized / untrained personnel at practice.  I might have misinterpreted it.

For WBB a couple of "staffers" were found to be playing the part of the Generals (a group of volunteer men students that scrimmage against the women's team).  Another thing was the the players were told to shoot 50 FTs after practice. And there was some small number of hours that the players were asked/told to workout on their own.  Just a bunch of BS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

For WBB a couple of "staffers" were found to be playing the part of the Generals (a group of volunteer men students that scrimmage against the women's team).  Another thing was the the players were told to shoot 50 FTs after practice. And there was some small number of hours that the players were asked/told to workout on their own.  Just a bunch of BS.

Apparently USF did not think it was BS since they self reported it. But the sentence should have been money only since we reported what is a minor infraction 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,303
  • Days Won:  25

I thought CCS and CJS  coaching records over the last 3 records were the punishment and probation sentence.