• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No More Rumors - Official AAC Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

So, it has taken a long time to really process what has happened to us. If we are honest with ourselves, since we were called up to the Big East, we have won nothing in Football and Basketball. We will never be Florida, Florida State or Miami. CFB is creating a haves and have nots right now and even the new B12 is in a very vulnerable spot. At this point we need to accept this. I think we should build a nice 25-30k OCS with an option to expand built into it (it’s important to have this for the students experience  and alumni pride(almost ALL G5 schools have them), we are never going to capture fans of UF and FSU in Tampa now). Let’s have pride in our school and realize, we are where we deserve to be. If in the future we get called up, great; until then, let’s win our conference (whatever it is) as often as possible. I’m not happy either, but it’s where we are. I’m a Bull for life!!

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, michibull said:

So, it has taken a long time to really process what has happened to us. If we are honest with ourselves, since we were called up to the Big East, we have won nothing in Football and Basketball. We will never be Florida, Florida State or Miami. CFB is creating a haves and have nots right now and even the new B12 is in a very vulnerable spot. At this point we need to accept this. I think we should build a nice 25-30k OCS with an option to expand built into it (it’s important to have this for the students experience  and alumni pride(almost ALL G5 schools have them), we are never going to capture fans of UF and FSU in Tampa now). Let’s have pride in our school and realize, we are where we deserve to be. If in the future we get called up, great; until then, let’s win our conference (whatever it is) as often as possible. I’m not happy either, but it’s where we are. I’m a Bull for life!!

Spoken like a real USF fan! Well done sir!!🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Bottom line it should not be who we play but the fact we get to watch USF play. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Local Bully said:

We would be better off going indipendent. We could schedule P4 teams

We were independent and decided being in CUSA was better, let’s not go backwards here. Also, with the new alliances forming in the ACC/B10/Pac12, I think it’s going to be harder to schedule than in years past. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

18 minutes ago, michibull said:

Kind of how I feel but I still think the stadium is gonna be 40-45k. 25-30k looks respectable spread out in bleacher seats. And in the good years 35-40k will be electric.

Saw someone point to TCU as a team to look for that turned around their luck in a similar situation:

• In their last 34 years of the southwest conference they finished ranked 0 times. Only played in 3 bowl games and lost them all. So when those teams joined the Big 12 they were left behind.
  • Joined the WAC and WON so they moved to CUSA within 5 years
  • WON a bunch in CUSA so they moved to the MWC within 4 years
  • WON a bunch in MWC so they moved to the BIG 12 within 7 years

They we're in a worse spot than us and fell further than us. Invest in football and start winning and it will solve all our problems in regards to conference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Presenting the new AAC branding...

image.png.2c5bf880865586b970f2dac398f86467.png

Edited by TheUpperHand
  • Haha 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

27 minutes ago, michibull said:

Probably the most level headed, succinct take on all what's going and the approach that needs to be taken ..... we're also only four years away from double digit wins and top 25 finishes but people want to just ignore that because it doesn't fit in with their ******** about the last decade. It definitely sucks right now and I get the frustration but hopefully things improve enough that those fans planning to bail on the program reconsider.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

This is the result of years of under investment. You “reap what you sow” and when things were good for us we chose to sow nothing. It’s only going to get worst with next years recruiting. Regarding recruiting, we will be competing for the higher end of FCS talent. We’ve drastically changed our value proposition from up and comer with the opportunity to slay giants to downward spiraling program with FCS level opponents. 

We need an MBA or a for-profit executive at the helm. These educators have proven to be incompetent. Look at what happened to the last guy when he got a little pressure. He folded like a cheap billfold.

Edited by sloan1919

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,384
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

we're also only four years away from double digit wins and top 25 finishes

Wow.  It truly seems much longer.  Good perspective.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, E.T. said:

The American will have a presence in four of the top 10, seven of the top 25 and 12 of the top 51 Nielsen media markets.

Doesn’t mean a thing if those programs aren’t winning (MJ would like us to have a chat with the “man in the mirror”). ESPN is funneling everyone to buy MickyMouse+ or whatever.