• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No More Rumors - Official AAC Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Cali_Bull said:

Not really and if anyone thinks USF is next in line for the next round of realignment I actually think we are behind at least 3 other schools in SMU, Memphis and Boise State. And now that we given a seat at the table to 6 new schools, with the right ambition they could overtake us.

That is correct.  It's not good.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Your Bulls' head to head records against C-USA/Other wing (per Winispedia):

FAU - 3 wins, 1 loss
UNT - 2 wins, 0 loss
UAB - 1 win, 1 loss
Charlotte - 0/0
Rice - 0/0
UTSA - 0/0

So you're saying there's a chance?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,745
  • Content Count:  37,617
  • Days Won:  29

The American will have a presence in four of the top 10, seven of the top 25 and 12 of the top 51 Nielsen media markets.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

That seems to be a popular thought, but we must remember our recruiting will homogenize with theirs, so ... no guarantees. 

Hopefully, we recruit Florida better than any of them. Boca's closer to Miami, but I've got to think we'd be more attractive than FAU as an institution. The others, I'm hoping wouldn't steal many recruits from us. Even just the Bay area and Lakeland produces some pretty good talent. Time to lock down the homegrown guys.

• Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

But did we really expect something better? We were not gonna upgrade and what other teams would actually be better?

Bottom Line, USF Needs to IMPROVE!

Totally agree. At this point, I don't even care what the conference looks like. If we win it and keep winning, hopefully we get ranked, noticed, and called up. Worst case, we win and keep winning and don't get called up and we get to watch exciting football (it's exciting to me if we win, even if they're ugly wins at this point), we'll be collecting hardware, and it'll give alums a sense of pride. Even if we're in Metro 2.0/C-USA 3.0/AAC 2.0, if we win it, how can people not have pride? Now, a casual who has no connection to USF, will they care? I have no idea. I doubt they care now, so who cares. Maybe we can lure them with some sexy OOC games?

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

Brightside of this could be with the coming playoff expansion, this is an easier route in.  To be honest, the new B12 teams are going to be middle of the road teams like we were with the Big East.  With the new AAC the expectation should be a conf title every year and with good scheduling consistent contention for the G5 playoff spot.   

As a fanbase, we think extremely highly of ourselves, when in reality the best description of this program is "Eh/good".  No championships, a history of choking away winnable games that could have won us championships, and fans who harp on #2 like UCF harps on their national title. 

Realistic outlook for the next 5 years, and its not a bad one, would be:

1.  Announce an OCS this year to be completed in 4-5 years. 

2. Win 6-8 games NEXT year. (2022 Season) Start season at least 2-2 or hopefully 3-1 with wins over BYU, Howard, and Louisville. 

3. Start 2023 season 3-1 with a close/non blowout bama loss.  Win the new AAC.  Finish year ranked in top 20 

4. 2024 season starts with Louisville, NC State, Bama, WKU, win 3/4 and dont get blown out by Bama. Win AAC (dont lose a conf game). This should get us in the top 15 to end the year, that gets you in an expanded playoff if its there. 

5. 2025 Is the year we play Boise, UF, Miami and SJSU. This is a year we could go 4-0 to start the year, and again win AAC without losing a conference game- puts you right in the playoff picture.  Hope academics have grown to AAU status. 

This rolls right into a future expansion timeline. Do the above, or close to it and you cant be denied an upgraded conference invite.  If the program is not succesful by this time, then USF is a failed football program and everyone needs to accept that we are an AAC level team, and lucky to be that. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ???? 2

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,445
  • Days Won:  19

15 minutes ago, widerberg said:

Totally agree. At this point, I don't even care what the conference looks like. If we win it and keep winning, hopefully we get ranked, noticed, and called up. Worst case, we win and keep winning and don't get called up and we get to watch exciting football (it's exciting to me if we win, even if they're ugly wins at this point), we'll be collecting hardware, and it'll give alums a sense of pride. Even if we're in Metro 2.0/C-USA 3.0/AAC 2.0, if we win it, how can people not have pride? Now, a casual who has no connection to USF, will they care? I have no idea. I doubt they care now, so who cares. Maybe we can lure them with some sexy OOC games?

Winning -- in whatever conference we are in -- beats the alternative, which appears to be our current path.

• Upvote 1

aac-football-marker-logo.jpg

The American will have 15 members overall, 14 of which will play football

UAB and FAU have captured the last four Conference USA championships, while UTSA entered the AP Top 25 for the first time in program history in Week 8. North Texas won nine games in 2017 and 2018, while Rice won the conference in 2013. Charlotte only started FBS football in 2015 and has a 13-12 record in three seasons . . .

We should get an extra reaction ration for days like today.

• Haha 1

The key is, AAC made the first G5 move and think we did the best with what was available.

BULLS Must Improve.