• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No More Rumors - Official AAC Expansion

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

The American will have a presence in four of the top 10, seven of the top 25 and 12 of the top 51 Nielsen media markets.

Kazakhstan had a presence in the Olympics.

E.T. sorry to be negative.  But do we lead in any of these markets?  Likely not.

USF Football has a presence in the AAC and lucky to be located in Tampa.  #DoSomething

It's great to be in markets if you are relevant.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,745
  • Content Count:  37,616
  • Days Won:  29

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Kazakhstan had a presence in the Olympics.

E.T. sorry to be negative.  But do we lead in any of these markets?  Likely not.

USF Football has a presence in the AAC and lucky to be located in Tampa.  #DoSomething

It's great to be in markets if you are relevant.

It's not negative when they're facts . . . Baby Reaction GIF

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, widerberg said:

Hopefully, we recruit Florida better than any of them. Boca's closer to Miami, but I've got to think we'd be more attractive than FAU as an institution. The others, I'm hoping wouldn't steal many recruits from us. Even just the Bay area and Lakeland produces some pretty good talent. Time to lock down the homegrown guys.

Taggart v. Scott is not a fair recruiting fight with an even playing field.  That and Willie is a much better coach than Scott, which is just ridiculous to think about.    

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

The American will have a presence in four of the top 10, seven of the top 25 and 12 of the top 51 Nielsen media markets.

But that only works if people watch from those markets 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Absolutely a ******* disaster of a conference 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But that only works if people watch from those markets 🤷‍♂️

Much more efficient statement than my diatribe a few posts up.

9 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Absolutely a ******* disaster of a conference 

I suppose we'll extend Aresco a few more years to show unity and support for the AACUSA.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, E.T. said:

Guessing this would be the layout ... a North/South wouldn't balance as easy. 

I prefer 6 Division Games, 2 Other Division Games, 2 P5 and 2 G5 . . . No More FCS games or at least greatly reduced as we have currently.

WEST

SMU

Tulsa

Memphis

Tulane

North Texas

USTA

Rice

EAST

USF

East Carolina

Temple

FAU

UAB

Charlotte

Navy

I agree with your divisions, but how do you rotate thru the other division when they have an odd number? Might need one permanent opponent from the other side (like the SEC) and rotate thru the other 6.  If they do permanent crossover for one school, I'd hope for Memphis due to history dating back to Metro conference.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

I appreciate John Lewis for all he has endured but good luck John selling tickets to USF v Rice. Or any of these marquee match ups.

So. Much. THIS.!!

Personally I was trying to hold out until 2023 for the Bama game, but given the relentless nosedive - I dunno - I don't see forking over $2K (or more????) to keep my two seats past this season 😥

And that really sucks, because we've had season tix since Day 1.   

There's a limit though.  The original "demotion" to the AAC from the Big East was bad enough, but somehow this "demotion" (IMO) through "expansion" feels even worse.  Personally, I can't get excited about any of these newly added teams.

It certainly feels like we're paying "P5" ticket prices for this very subpar product (sorry y'all) and now, even worse, conference.  I'd love to see a season ticket reduction (say, 50%???) so that I can justify another year... but I think we'd have a better shot at a Top 10 ranking this season than that happening.  🤡

And BTW, I agree w/ jchem1995 - I have A LOT of appreciation for all John Lewis (and others in the ticket office) have done over the years, so I hate getting all salty in post that has his name attached to it.  I'm rooting for y'all...  but sadly I may have to finally give up my seats.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,534
  • Days Won:  28

So no LA Tech? Thats like one of the best teams in CUSA. I prefer App State over Rice, but Rice garuntees us at least 1 victory lol