• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No More Rumors - Official AAC Expansion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Honestly I just don't care about UCF anymore. That's what they've done to the rivalry. They got their way - you win UCF. Adios. Apathy. 

It's like when a friendly play fight turns nasty. It's like forget you. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

General announcement:  If you ever cared about them - STOP NOW

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Remember how when you first found out we were left back and stuck with the AAC the first time around?   It’s like that feeling but way worse.  Then when you remember that we’ve never won a conference championship in any conference, you start to look inward.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Remember how when you first found out we were left back and stuck with the AAC the first time around?   It’s like that feeling but way worse.  Then when you remember that we’ve never won a conference championship in any conference, you start to look inward.

That about sums it up. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, widerberg said:

I've wondered about this, with Cable usage dropping and streaming services taking over. Do physical media markets even matter anymore when fewer and fewer people watch traditional broadcast TV and cable? Maybe ads are still regionally- or locally-targeted, even with streaming? I dunno. 

They really don’t at this point. Which makes this Aresco turd even worse.

The cable companies are all offering streaming now; trying to regain some market share. But broadcasting is still contracted with the same media players whose focus is on the cash cow programs; diminishing the appeal of underperforming teams in major markets.

TV deals now value fan bases. There are quite a bit of rurally located teams with thriving fan bases who will gladly jump through hoops to watch their team. Teams like USF, Rice, and the like, do not have that.

Aresco’s focus on getting irrelevant schools in large media markets instead of passionate viewer bases has reduced (and will continue to) the league’s value when it comes to the next media deal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I understand DMA's are now measured by tv households watching shows with advertising regardless of how they are delivered and how much the market driven advertising rates are.  "Cable" doesn't really matter anymore.  For example if you're a tv household streaming YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV or even ESPN+ and watch any channels that contain advertising, you count as a tv household in that DMA.  All else being equal (not ND, BYU, Academies, etc.), the assumption for bringing on teams in urban markets is that more eyeballs in a DMA means more eyeballs watching the college team in their area when they have some moderate level of success.  Just my take and I am by no means an expert in media watching measurement.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

What an embarrassment. Honestly we should investigate either going independent or more likely just shutting the football program down

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, DontPushMe said:

What an embarrassment. Honestly we should investigate either going independent or more likely just shutting the football program down

I would still take the $5 to $7 million tv money moving forward for the next few years.  No way we could survive as an independent at our level with our upcoming champagne taste (compete IPF, OCS, improve facilities/culture) on a lower beer budget.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Probably what a lot of the BE teams said when we were picked to be added ...... luckily there were golden parachutes for some of them. Maybe we'll get one this time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153

12 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I understand DMA's are now measured by tv households watching shows with advertising regardless of how they are delivered and how much the market driven advertising rates are.  "Cable" doesn't really matter anymore.  For example if you're a tv household streaming YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV or even ESPN+ and watch any channels that contain advertising, you count as a tv household in that DMA.  All else being equal (not ND, BYU, Academies, etc.), the assumption for bringing on teams in urban markets is that more eyeballs in a DMA means more eyeballs watching the college team in their area when they have some moderate level of success.  Just my take and I am by no means an expert in media watching measurement.

GO BULLS!

That’s a good point. So location doesn’t really matter anymore, basically. We’re all bought in to all these streaming options anyway.