• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

I know I'm dense, but I don't see the Big 12 as this golden ticket that everybody is painting it out to be. They have serious issues to deal with in regards to the changing CFP landscape.  If the Big 12 2.0 doesn't have a guaranteed path to the cfp I guarantee you that media revenue will dry up and so will the fan bases.

Its because you are looking at it from the wrong perspective and two things can both be true at the same time. So if you are currently in the B12 this change is absolutely worse for you but if you are in the AAC it would be a move up for you. So will the B12 be reduced in pretty much every capacity? Absolutely but that has nothing to do with the fact that is still an advancement for anyone in the AAC. 

image.png

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Multiple reports everywhere by credible reporters reporting that B12 is looking at UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU.  Reports indicate these 4 could be added this year.  Timeline could be moving fast.  

USF on the outside looking in.  Big East part two.  If USF ever needed a fast start in football, this is the year.

A few things.

1. Looking doesn’t mean they will be added.

2. I still think they only go to 10, BYU and an AAC school

3. Their payout will drop dramatically because the new contract won’t have a GOR and lose value due to UT/ OU leaving. I’m going to to say around 10 million. So a bit better than current AAC.

4. The Big advantage is the 64 million they get as a league from CFP and that can change after 2025.

5. USF only has itself to blame for letting UCF move ahead of us, and they are. They are committed to winning while we talk a lot but move like molasses.

6. Worst case for USF the Big 12 adds 4 and the AAC loses UC, UH and UCF.

7. If above happens the AAC needs to use its ESPN contract which still better than any other G league and expand West. Get best money from ESPN to stay at worse #6 league in performance and payout.

8. My suggestion a 14 team league

EAST: Temple,ECU,USF,Tulane,Memphis,SMU,Tulsa

WEST: Navy/ Wichita St,Air Force,Colorado State,UNLV,Boise,San Diego St and Fresno St

9. USF administration didn’t learn a thing after Big East, well they better learn it now and start putting more into Athletics and fast, this is also not the time for our few supporters to jump ship and cry about spilled milk.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

22 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

I know I'm dense, but I don't see the Big 12 as this golden ticket that everybody is painting it out to be. They have serious issues to deal with in regards to the changing CFP landscape.  If the Big 12 2.0 doesn't have a guaranteed path to the cfp I guarantee you that media revenue will dry up and so will the fan bases.

B12 is still better than AAC will be if the B12 expands.  Even if they don't have a guaranteed path, I'll guarantee it's better than what the AAC leftovers + some CUSA/Sunbelt adds who play on Wednesday nights will ever have.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

Wow…I couldn’t stomach UCF moving on, think I’ll officially be done with USF if this goes down. The mismanagement over such a long period of time is mind blowing. Having the president resign unexpectedly right before conference realignment is so USF. Can’t take anymore pain, and on game day too :( 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Its because you are looking at it from the wrong perspective and two things can both be true at the same time. So if you are currently in the B12 this change is absolutely worse for you but if you are in the AAC it would be a move up for you. So will the B12 be reduced in pretty much every capacity? Absolutely but that has nothing to do with the fact that is still an advancement for anyone in the AAC. 

image.png

zach galifianakis algorithm GIF by Product Hunt

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

B12 is still better than AAC will be if the B12 expands.  Even if they don't have a guaranteed path, I'll guarantee it's better than what the AAC leftovers + some CUSA/Sunbelt adds who play on Wednesday nights will ever have.

So you're saying USF might have a chance at a conference championship?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'll tell you one thing, if UCF moves and somehow we don't, I wouldn't schedule them ever again in any sport. Done with that War on I-4 nonsense.

Pretty sure that will be their opinion as well. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Such a wonderful present before the first game. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

4 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

So you're saying USF might have a chance at a conference championship?

Ha.  Someday.  We've had a chance a couple of times in the past, and I'm hoping for another in my lifetime.  Certainly not this year.  I'm just thinking that for future money, TV and recruiting sake, I'd rather be in the best "outside looking in" conference that we can get.  I think the B12 + a the best AAC schools will be more respected (and pull more $$$) than a raided AAC + some sunbelt schools.  Even if it only lasts for a couple years, it's probably a better position for us to be in.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

9. USF administration didn’t learn a thing after Big East, well they better learn it now and start putting more into Athletics and fast, this is also not the time for our few supporters to jump ship and cry about spilled milk.

Wouldn't count on them at all. The team and Jeff Scott need to win in spite of them.

Edited by USFBULL_08