• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I know it would frustrating but think about how UCF reacted when we went to Big East? They spent money to improve their program and make it what is is now. That should be USF’s answer.

I have a feeling that this next round of expansion will be the last for a very very long time.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

😂 a few people saying they are out of USF gets left behind. It would definitely suck, but ****.

I bet you guys would be back for an undefeated AAC2.0 season. Same goes for Sun Belt, CUSA, Maction seasons. It doesn’t matter where we end up, just ******* win something.

I won't be back.  I will be spending my dollars elsewhere.  I will most likely quit watching college football completely.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

11 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I know it would frustrating but think about how UCF reacted when we went to Big East? They spent money to improve their program and make it what is is now. That should be USF’s answer.

exactly. just keep winning and investing in the program. imagine if UCF just gave up in 2005? this isn't the last round of re-alignment. Why give up now when there will be more shuffling 5 years from now, then again 5 years after that, and again...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815

Just now, USFRaider said:

I have a feeling that this next round of expansion will be the last for a very very long time.

I don’t think so. The PAC and the BigTen will eventually make moves but it won’t matter if we continue losing and crapping our program. If we can’t dominate whatever conference we are in, what chance do we really deserve to move up?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Actually the reacted by building their stadium and focusing on winning that conference they were in. USF will still be in same place it’s currently in, the sixt best football conference, they need to invest and push to win the conference and get back to winning.

I’m not an expert on their history but I’m pretty certain it was after they moved into conference USA to fill our vacancy 

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not an expert on their history but I’m pretty certain it was after they moved into conference USA to fill our vacancy 

They did and then spent money to dominate that league and be ready for next moves

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Remember how many fewer people returned to watch our AAC winning streak? I think you will be shocked at how few people will care about if we won every AAC 2.0 championship from here until eternity. The ceiling on fandom of the aac in tampa is pretty low, for AAC 2.0 it would be hard to distinguish the ceiling from the floor.

Yea, you are right. I didn’t think about that. I also think the marketing/pr/indecisiveness of our leaders, combined with the ineptitude of our program, was the perfect recipe for this ******** cake we have to eat.

It does suck, but it won’t keep me from going to games.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

They did and then spent money to dominate that league and be ready for next moves

So they sold a move up, we would be selling a constant search for the bottom. The aac could not be sold to the market as is concocting and aac revisited would be a death sentence 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

11 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

why? there's already debate on how many teams the Big 12 should add because its inevitable a few remaining 8 teams are deflecting in the next few years. And with the ACC media deal expiring in 15 years I have to think Clemson/FSU/UNC/etc are going to be moving to the SEC or BIG 10 if the landscape is similar to now

Just now, puc86 said:

So they sold a move up, we would be selling a constant search for the bottom. The aac could not be sold to the market as is concocting and aac revisited would be a death sentence 

They didn’t sell a move up. I’m old enough to remember when it happened. Their fans were on meltdown mode because USF was going to a BCS conference and they were not. They had the usual sky is falling Mary’s on their board saying it was the end and that they should drop football. Their leaders sold them NOT on CUSA but on that they were going to build their facilities to compete and surpass USF even if we were in a higher conference. This is why they have always had a hard on about our facilities. The truth is they put their heads down and went to work on surpassing us and now are reaping those rewards.

USF needs to take same attitude.

• Upvote 1