• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

They didn’t sell a move up. I’m old enough to remember when it happened. Their fans were on meltdown mode because USF was going to a BCS conference and they were not. They had the usual sky is falling Mary’s on their board saying it was the end and that they should drop football. Their leaders sold them NOT on CUSA but on that they were going to build their facilities to compete and surpass USF even if we were in a higher conference. This is why they have always had a hard on about our facilities. The truth is they put their heads down and went to work on surpassing us and now are reaping those rewards.

USF needs to take same attitude.

Usf needs to do what it should have done at the beginning and get the **** out of the aac instead of Ignoring the fact no one cares about this league and the teams and not double down on now creating an unimaginably worse league. There is absolutely no value or path to redemption in a reimagined aac, if we build that don’t bother building a single thing and just close the doors.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

I said years ago... this whole 'package deal' argument with UCF was pathetic.

A good program stands on its own... and USF said idly by for years; while UCF built their program strong. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Usf needs to do what it should have done at the beginning and get the **** out of the aac instead of Ignoring the fact no one cares about this league and the teams and not double down on now creating an unimaginably worse league. There is absolutely no value or path to redemption in a reimagined aac, if we build that don’t bother building a single thing and just close the doors.

LOL. Ok sure

Just now, Cubanbull said:

LOL. Ok sure

Have you looked around Ray Jay? The reality is there is no market for a further watered down aac. Every remaining member is negative equity to our value and there is no reason to join them in their $2.5 million tv deal, it would just be nonsense and delaying the inevitable. That is not a sellable brand here and you can’t build off of a base that has zero interest, the current aac has barely any interest.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, MoneyBull83 said:

Who do we like as replacements (assuming we lose three schools)? 

Georgia State, App State, UAB?

Better go west…

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

The administration will probably be happy when we get left behind.  They will get to save money in the long run.  When they are ultimately forced to build an OCS, it will only have to be 25-30K seats, if that.

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Better go west…

Better to go independent 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

Having witnessed the replies to this expansion thread for some time, a serious question constantly comes to my mind.  Notwithstanding the ‘OCS’ and a recent ‘winning percentage’, what specifically are people referencing when they claim that UCF has ‘surpassed’ the USF football program in attractiveness to a P5 suitor?  While I recognize our recent failures on the field, what exactly distinguishes UCF over USF as being a potentially better candidate for P5 expansion?  I see people write this endlessly on this board, but in truth, I’ve missed the specifics?  Is it season ticket holders?  An actual, objectively larger and measurable fan base?  An OCS?  Athletic budget?  Team revenues?  Can anyone offer specifics, or are there any any I stead people are relying on recent perception based on recent winning percentage.  Serious question.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Better to go independent 

Nope…and don’t start one of your lame diatribes with me…you and I disagree on this and nothing is changing our minds. 

4 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Having witnessed the replies to this expansion thread for some time, a serious question constantly comes to my mind.  Notwithstanding the ‘OCS’ and a recent ‘winning percentage’, what specifically are people referencing when they claim that UCF has ‘surpassed’ the USF football program in attractiveness to a P5 suitor?  While I recognize our recent failures on the field, what exactly distinguishes UCF over USF as being a potentially better candidate for P5 expansion?  I see people write this endlessly on this board, but in truth, I’ve missed the specifics?  Is it season ticket holders?  An actual, objectively larger and measurable fan base?  An OCS?  Athletic budget?  Team revenues?  Can anyone offer specifics, or are there any any I stead people are relying on recent perception based on recent winning percentage.  Serious question.

Yes

6 minutes ago, dclenden said:

There is nothing that has historically factored into previous expansion, these people are of the believe that things have changed since Texas went to the SEC but have nothing to point to other than other people with the same conjecture.