• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

I don’t see why anyone is worried about this we would still have the majority of our AAC friends with us which is pretty awesome and the last time we lost anyone of any value in our conference it made the conference a million times better and awesome just think of how many top 25 teams we may have which is all that really matters. You can’t really put a price tag on being able to wade through the piss filled streets of NOLA every other year, am I right?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t see why anyone is worried about this we would still have the majority of our AAC friends with us which is pretty awesome and the last time we lost anyone of any value in our conference it made the conference a million times better and awesome just think of how many top 25 teams we may have which is all that really matters. You can’t really put a price tag on being able to wade through the piss filled streets of NOLA every other year, am I right?

I mean at that point all you can do is add the best available candidates and move on.  Those candidates will probably be schools like UAB, Marshall, ODU, App, and Louisiana.  2-4 of the above schools will be added and USF will be conference mates with them.  The ESPN TV deal will be cut in half (at least), and UCF will be getting 3-4X the TV money USF is.  Those are just the facts.  At least what is most likely to happen.  It's gonna happen, barring a miracle and/or Kelly pulling a rabbit out of his hat.  I have somewhat come to terms with it.  Once UCF and the rest are added to B12, there will be no more seats at the P5 table and the door will probably be shut forever.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1

In order to show how connected to the big 12 a source is I think it should be noted how long before the rest of the country they broke Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC. Not Texas and Oklahoma are looking to move from the B12 which everyone knew but they are leaving now and both going to the SEC.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,161
  • Days Won:  56

I'll tell you one thing, if UCF moves and somehow we don't, I wouldn't schedule them ever again in any sport. Done with that War on I-4 nonsense.

• Haha 1

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

I mean at that point all you can do is add the best available candidates and move on.  Those candidates will probably be schools like UAB, Marshall, ODU, App, and Louisiana.  2-4 of the above schools will be added and USF will be conference mates with them.  The ESPN TV deal will be cut in half (at least), and UCF will be getting 3-4X the TV money USF is.  Those are just the facts.  At least what is most likely to happen.  It's gonna happen, barring a miracle and/or Kelly pulling a rabbit out of his hat.  I have somewhat come to terms with it.  

That’s one way to look at it a better way would be to create our own destiny and 

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'll tell you one thing, if UCF moves and somehow we don't, I wouldn't schedule them ever again in any sport. Done with that War on I-4 nonsense.

A better time for us to have taken that position was 10 years ago and we wouldn’t be having these conversations, I hope everyone enjoyed that rivalry they felt was so important to the college sports experience 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,161
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, puc86 said:

A better time for us to have taken that position was 10 years ago and we wouldn’t be having these conversations, I hope everyone enjoyed that rivalry they felt was so important to the college sports experience 

That's one position where we agree COMPLETELY.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

That's one position where we agree COMPLETELY.

I’m sure I can come up with more and depending on how I feel at that moment it may even be several 

• Go Bulls! 1

8 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

The difference is, all 4 of those schools have reached out to the B12 and initiated contact about changing conferences.  In Aresco's case, he (representing the AAC) is accused of reaching out to schools that had not contacted the AAC about membership.

I would think if I were confident I was moving on without someone I wouldn’t be spending my time hanging out with them, but alas here you are.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

I know I'm dense, but I don't see the Big 12 as this golden ticket that everybody is painting it out to be. They have serious issues to deal with in regards to the changing CFP landscape.  If the Big 12 2.0 doesn't have a guaranteed path to the cfp I guarantee you that media revenue will dry up and so will the fan bases.