• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,078
  • Days Won:  39

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

USF and ucf hate each other too much for one to help the other, 

That sounds like two teams that (if they could get competitive) would make a dent every year on TV.  I remember the last time we had a good game it was called one of the top 10 games of the year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

42 minutes ago, smazza said:

he is a horrible commissioner

no vision

Wasn’t he in cahoots with ESPN earlier to raid the Big 12?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I remember in the 70s and the hatred between Bo Schembeckler (Michigan) and Woody Hayes (Ohio State).  Then I found out later when they were retired that they had been such adversaries, that they were really good friends.  As much as I hate the Orlando school and as much as they hate us...we should both USE that to our advantage.  Like it or not, people nationwide are tuning in to watch that game each year.  I think people love to watch 2 teams that viciously hate each other.  There's money in that.  We should sell it.

I agree but tim s have changed and their are too millions at stake. I seriously doubt we will help each other. 

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

“We haven’t been looking at this point,” Aresco said. “If teams are interested in us, we’ll talk about it.”

What the ####!  No one is going to come to us to "talk about it".  I hope all this is a front and a lot is happening behind the scenes.

So you want him to say we are reaching out to other teams now? Get real…even if he was he sure as hell is not going to say it. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Personally I think it’s better to say we aren’t reaching out to anyone than to say we reached out to them and they responded with “who is this? How did you get my number? Just because we are calling your members doesn’t mean we have an interest in you, please put my on your do not call list!”

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Personally I think it’s better to say we aren’t reaching out to anyone than to say we reached out to them and they responded with “who is this? How did you get my number? Just because we are calling your members doesn’t mean we have an interest in you, please put my on your do not call list!”

Typically this is what I do a few times a semester when students try to call me. Works like a charm…

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Multiple reports everywhere by credible reporters reporting that B12 is looking at UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU.  Reports indicate these 4 could be added this year.  Timeline could be moving fast.  

USF on the outside looking in.  Big East part two.  If USF ever needed a fast start in football, this is the year.

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Multiple reports everywhere by credible reporters reporting that B12 is looking at UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU.  Reports indicate these 4 could be added this year.  Timeline could be moving fast.  

USF on the outside looking in.  Big East part two.  If USF ever needed a fast start in football, this is the year.

They are only taking two from that list with the front runners being BYU and Cincy

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Re4L9q7Y_normal.jpg

Can confirm via industry source that BYU, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston have emerged as the four leading contenders in Big 12 expansion. Told timeline is fuzzy but process could be completed sometime during the academic year. First reported by

Re4L9q7Y_normal.jpg

One factor favoring BYU, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston in Big 12 expansion, I'm told, is they all have large, passionate alumni bases that could be attractive to media partners.