• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So to make up 4 getting off target. It seems as if USF, BYU, Boise State, Colorado State, SMU, Houston, UCF, Cincinnati and Memphis would be on the list of teams the Big 12 would go after. I read this in another story as well.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/22/texas-oklahoma-leave-big-12-where-does-conference-go

The good news is they will have to go after more than 2 in order to replace the departed as they were the only reason they weren’t forced to expand the last time our entire conference attempted to get in.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So to make up 4 getting off target. It seems as if USF, BYU, Boise State, Colorado State, SMU, Houston, UCF, Cincinnati and Memphis would be on the list of teams the Big 12 would go after. I read this in another story as well.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/22/texas-oklahoma-leave-big-12-where-does-conference-go

Good article…thanks! 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

usa_today_13298246.jpg

Oklahoma and Texas are threatening to leave the Big 12, which could reshape the landscape of college football, including in the AAC.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

What if the Big Ten were to revisit expansion? Ten teams that make sense.

USF (American Athletic)

USF-football-fans.jpg

Oct. 15, 2016; Tampa, Florida; South Florida Bulls fans wear Star Wars masks during the second half of a football game against the Connecticut Huskies at Raymond James Stadium USF won 48-27. Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

Why it makes sense

This is an underrated option that not many talk about. If the Big Ten wants to get into a new market, why not get an institution in population-heavy, football-crazed Florida? USF is also one of those research institutions that have a lot of the same values and culture as Big Ten schools do academically. The south is where it is when it comes to football talent as well, and getting a footprint there could be huge for the entire conference. You know, the whole SEC thing and all.

What would hold the move back

USF has little football or basketball tradition to speak of. That seems to be the biggest hurdle with this one. The school has only been around since 1956 and a part of FBS in football since 1997. The support and facilities would likely need an upgrade to get to Big Ten standards. There is also a sterile campus feel to everything that might need to change.

big-ten-logo-steps.jpg?w=640

With talks of Oklahoma and Texas exploring membership with the SEC, it...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

What if the Big Ten were to revisit expansion? Ten teams that make sense.

USF (American Athletic)

USF-football-fans.jpg

Oct. 15, 2016; Tampa, Florida; South Florida Bulls fans wear Star Wars masks during the second half of a football game against the Connecticut Huskies at Raymond James Stadium USF won 48-27. Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

Why it makes sense

This is an underrated option that not many talk about. If the Big Ten wants to get into a new market, why not get an institution in population-heavy, football-crazed Florida? USF is also one of those research institutions that have a lot of the same values and culture as Big Ten schools do academically. The south is where it is when it comes to football talent as well, and getting a footprint there could be huge for the entire conference. You know, the whole SEC thing and all.

What would hold the move back

USF has little football or basketball tradition to speak of. That seems to be the biggest hurdle with this one. The school has only been around since 1956 and a part of FBS in football since 1997. The support and facilities would likely need an upgrade to get to Big Ten standards. There is also a sterile campus feel to everything that might need to change.

big-ten-logo-steps.jpg?w=640

With talks of Oklahoma and Texas exploring membership with the...

I just got wood reading this article…

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

My guess is yes, because the same reasons will exist.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Will ND keep that wagon hitched if we go to the 12-team playoffs?

7 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

My guess is yes, because the same reasons will exist.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think it would be Houston, Memphis, BYU, Boise, one of Tulsa/SMU/Tulane, and one of UCF/USF. Maybe even SDSU, CState, or Nevada if they are getting desperate.

Also, some other people seem to think that if UCF or USF go somewhere, they are a packaged deal? Which is beyond absurd. **** those guys, and I guarantee they feel the same way about us.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Hey all,

I just got back from talking to my friend who works in Athletics (we do early morning runs sometimes).  

According to him, there has been a ton of behind the scenes activity in USF athletics and moving to the Big 12.  He was working till late last night on communications and proposals and apparently AD Kelly has been working the phone, his CFP connections, and every other avenue for the past two days.  

The big thing is it looks like USF is likely to have a home in the Big 12.  However, AD Kelly is working very hard to keep this under wraps and out of the media so we don’t get undermined by some of our competitions. 

A couple interesting notes:

-  WVU is the driving force behind USF joining the B12.  Based on our rivalry and past games, WVU started reaching out and lobbying the other Big 12 schools last night after their meeting.

- USF’s status as being in a BCS conference before and being able to be ranked #2 in the nation is carrying a ton of weight with the other schools.

- USF is prepared to offer a deal where they will accept no revenue from the Big 12 for the first two years as provisional members.  After two years, if USF can prove their worth through increased attendance and performance, they will get full membership.  These are two of our weak spots and they think offering to forego revenue for two years will “sweeten the pot.”

The excitement in the air is palpable, with one old timer comparing the feeling to what was going around in 2005! He also gave me a couple other really interesting tidbits, but I can’t post them here on a public forum, these are things that can’t get out to the “competition.”

Go Bulls!

🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

• Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, wesleywillis said:

Hey all,

I just got back from talking to my friend who works in Athletics (we do early morning runs sometimes).  

According to him, there has been a ton of behind the scenes activity in USF athletics and moving to the Big 12.  He was working till late last night on communications and proposals and apparently AD Kelly has been working the phone, his CFP connections, and every other avenue for the past two days.  

The big thing is it looks like USF is likely to have a home in the Big 12.  However, AD Kelly is working very hard to keep this under wraps and out of the media so we don’t get undermined by some of our competitions. 

A couple interesting notes:

-  WVU is the driving force behind USF joining the B12.  Based on our rivalry and past games, WVU started reaching out and lobbying the other Big 12 schools last night after their meeting.

- USF’s status as being in a BCS conference before and being able to be ranked #2 in the nation is carrying a ton of weight with the other schools.

- USF is prepared to offer a deal where they will accept no revenue from the Big 12 for the first two years as provisional members.  After two years, if USF can prove their worth through increased attendance and performance, they will get full membership.  These are two of our weak spots and they think offering to forego revenue for two years will “sweeten the pot.”

The excitement in the air is palpable, with one old timer comparing the feeling to what was going around in 2005! He also gave me a couple other really interesting tidbits, but I can’t post them here on a public forum, these are things that can’t get out to the “competition.”

Go Bulls!

🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Good thing this post isn't on the internet. 

• Haha 4