• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, Massbull said:

In all this expansion talk.” if it happens “I would not underestimate the influence of AD  Michael Kelly getting USF a seat at the table.

Does he get as much credit if we are left on the outside looking in? 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are being naïve to think we would not be playing In Colorado, Urga, twice in TX, along with our usual out of the way places. That $1mil would be gone in a month or two. 

The cost of traveling to Texas and Colorado is the same as traveling to pretty much every area we have ever had to travel to up to and including Texas which we already travel to and are doing so again this year. If it makes sense for us to schedule games at San Jose State I am pretty certain traveling to hub cities isn’t going to strain any budgets.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The cost of traveling to Texas and Colorado is the same as traveling to pretty much every area we have ever had to travel to up to and including Texas which we already travel to and are doing so again this year. If it makes sense for us to schedule games at San Jose State I am pretty certain traveling to hub cities isn’t going to strain any budgets.

Yes, but the only difference is your doing it twice. West once, North once/twice. Travel would certainly be higher. I could actually care less, that’s the Athletics Department problem…as long we do not lose ground in all of this crap I’ll be happy…and yes Puc it can actually get worse my friend. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

41 minutes ago, Massbull said:

In all this expansion talk.” if it happens “I would not underestimate the influence of AD  Michael Kelly getting USF a seat at the table.

If he does he will be revered like LRS if not then move over Doug Woolard.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, but the only difference is your doing it twice. West once, North once/twice. Travel would certainly be higher. I could actually care less, that’s the Athletics Department problem…as long we do not lose ground in all of this crap I’ll be happy…and yes Puc it can actually get worse my friend. 

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor
this is rock bottom I would kill to be back in conference USA back when we were actually in it and the only conceivable way this could be worse is if we have the only idiotic leadership in the AAC that decides to stay pat in what’s left of it in order to avoid the travel costs to Colorado and Texas.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor
this is rock bottom I would kill to be back in conference USA back when we were actually in it and the only conceivable way this could be worse is if we have the only idiotic leadership in the AAC that decides to stay pat in what’s left of it in order to avoid the travel costs to Colorado and Texas.

Are You Crazy Starz GIF by Dublin Murders

Are You Crazy Starz GIF by Dublin Murders

On which part? Thinking TCU and Louisville were better than whoever is here now (as evidenced by the fact they are actually in the P5 instead of making up fairy tails about P6s) or that being the only one left on a sinking ship is a bad thing no matter what lies we would have to tell ourselves about additional costs (we’ve seen this movie before and everyone left behind dies even if they don’t realize it yet)? 

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

On which part? Thinking TCU and Louisville were better than whoever is here now (as evidenced by the fact they are actually in the P5 instead of making up fairy tails about P6s) or that being the only one left on a sinking ship is a bad thing no matter what lies we would have to tell ourselves about additional costs (we’ve seen this movie before and everyone left behind dies even if they don’t realize it yet)? 

Why are you talking about conference members who have long gone? Why are you living in the past where the conference members do not exist? Are you saying that you would rather be in CUSA 15 years ago (living in your usual past) or CUSA today (which would have to be a joke). 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are being naïve to think we would not be playing In Colorado, Urga, twice in TX, along with our usual out of the way places. That $1mil would be gone in a month or two. 

You may be right.....that is somewhere between Croatia and Serbia, correct?

So shall we start wagering on when the announcement of the Tex/OU move to SEC is made? 

Why are you talking about conference members who have long gone? Why are you living in the past where the conference members do not exist? Are you saying that you would rather be in CUSA 15 years ago (living in your usual past) or CUSA today (which would have to be a joke). 

I said this is the worst we have ever had it and the only way it could ever get worse for us in the realities we have actually been in would be if the B12 starts throwing out invites and we get left in the AAC which would look exactly like current Cusa, assuming they would even be willing to jump over. If the B12 earns us a single dollar more and travel costs actually skyrocket we should take the offer because the AAC will be well on its way from $7 million to $3 million.