• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Y'all need to prepare yourself.  Come to terms with it.  Embrace it now.

USF is going to get left behind.  Again.  For the second time in the last decade.

Conf. realignment is made at the president level  USF has no president.

If the Big 12 survives (and I am not convinced it will), they will try to pick off the best AAC schools they can.

USF will not be among them, unless there is a complete merger.  USF will be left in CUSA 7.0 in a much lower conf. than the current AAC.  Prepare yourself and come to terms with that now.  You will be better off.

Who's running the ship at USF?

You answered your own question in Line 3.  

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Agreed, this is either good or not a big deal,   

In a discussion with my wife, a former NCAA staffer and former Division I Senior Woman Administrator, I compared changes in college athletics and college football in particular to climate change;  it has been happening since the beginning of time but has recently been picking up in pace and awareness.  Change is inevitable.  How we deal with it and good and or bad remains to be seen.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Y'all need to prepare yourself.  Come to terms with it.  Embrace it now.

USF is going to get left behind.  Again.  For the second time in the last decade.

Conf. realignment is made at the president level  USF has no president.

If the Big 12 survives (and I am not convinced it will), they will try to pick off the best AAC schools they can.

USF will not be among them, unless there is a complete merger.  USF will be left in CUSA 7.0 in a much lower conf. than the current AAC.  Prepare yourself and come to terms with that now.  You will be better off.

Who's running the ship at USF?

I would hope that those who choose the next President is aware of the ramifications of realignment and get off their collective butts and get someone that understands what effect this will have on the future of athletics at USF.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Both programs need 11 of 14 votes to be invited.

I can already see 3 no votes from Texas A&M, Arkansas and Missouri. There would have to be another one in there somewhere (LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State).

Edited by John Lewis

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Both programs need 11 of 14 votes to be invited.

I can already see 3 no votes from Texas A&M, Arkansas and Missouri. There would have to be another one in there somewhere (LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State).

They will all be under pressure to vote yes once they get a whif of the $ being thrown around. Should be interesting to see…I have my popcorn out. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

40 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I would hope that those who choose the next President is aware of the ramifications of realignment and get off their collective butts and get someone that understands what effect this will have on the future of athletics at USF.

Funny thing is I'm pretty sure we had the same President who was there when we got into the Big East and then got demoted to the American.  Not sure how much the President will have to do with it.  Someone like Selmon may have brought more to the table than the Prez.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

And away we go…

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

Not at the rate of being in the P5 not even close

I’m not saying that being in the B12 after it rebrands to some like the AAC from the Beast would be as impactful as $35 million (but it would still be a boost). I am saying that no amount of contingency access makes up for the huge gap between $7 million a year vs these numbers and of course being P5 still matters every bit as much as it did yesterday. They have way more money and way more access and that’s obviously better than a little money and a little narrow sliver of access.

41C57656-E90C-432B-BD08-1F6463BC492F.png

Point taken

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

55 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They will all be under pressure to vote yes once they get a whif of the $ being thrown around. Should be interesting to see…I have my popcorn out. 

Definitely going to be the pressure to vote yes after the $$$ are calculated, but there is no way that aTm is voting yes. I can see them having Arkansas and Missouri in their corner as well. Shouldn't be difficult to find a 4th no there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

13 hours ago, gibbsak said:

Is no one going to talk about how this is in the wrong thread?

I was waiting for a Tuxedo Yoda appearance but the time is now ........ beaming over.

• Upvote 1