• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/1/2021 at 8:30 PM, Triple B said:

What article is that idiot Kanigit site talking about being pulled? Obviously not the SI one that you linked. The quoted paragraph in the Tweet is not from that SI article ....which looked like not much more than just AAC expansion suggestions like those that have been posted in this thread.

The quoted paragraph is from the original article before it got pulled and edited. I don't wanna hit you with a wall of text so I won't copy and paste it here unless requested.

But the short version is that the original article read like an insider scoop of a realignment move that was happening soon. It got pulled quickly, then a while later the article was reposted but the content changed and the tone was now that of "hey it's the off-season so here's a wacky AAC expansion idea!"

This writer apparently has been pretty good with scoops before which makes me wonder if he misheard something, got a talking to from the AAC office and tried to fix it. Or if his first article was accurate but he jumped the gun on when he was supposed to share his scoop.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

USATSI_15164988.jpg?w=640

AAC’s Attempted Coup Of Mountain West Schools Won’t Work Early...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:
USATSI_15164988.jpg?w=640

AAC’s Attempted Coup Of Mountain West Schools Won’t Work Early...

They sound scared 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

26 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

But the short version is that the original article read like an insider scoop of a realignment move that was happening soon.

Thanks for the input but this thread is littered with stuff that fits that description that never came to fruition so we'll just see if anything happens. Like some have said here, I just don't see the value added when everything is factored in but who knows.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Thankfully somebody is still talking and writing articles about possible expansion school to/from the AAC otherwise....how else will this topic ever get to 2000 pages???????????

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They sound scared 

Definitely seems that way. The closing paragraph says it all. They lose those teams and they don’t have a league.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thanks for the input but this thread is littered with stuff that fits that description that never came to fruition so we'll just see if anything happens. Like some have said here, I just don't see the value added when everything is factored in but who knows.

Oh for sure, you're right on that. We would be a little better as a conference than we are now and decimate the MWC, but nowhere near enough for the lofty goals of being "P6".

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

Add Air Force and Army to this and call it a day at 16.  No one is going to deny an auto NYD slot to a conference with all 3 academies in it.  Done.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Add Air Force and Army to this and call it a day at 16.  No one is going to deny an auto NYD slot to a conference with all 3 academies in it.  Done.

GO BULLS!

Do you really want to play three teams (including Navy)that run the option? Hard pass on both of these for me. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Do you really want to play three teams (including Navy)that run the option? Hard pass on both of these for me. 

Considering they hurt SoS, i agree.

The academies hurt their own recruiting by not letting players get drafted if they are able to. The service academies can always have it in players contracts that they must finish their contract AFTER the NFL. It would earn the academies much more recognition with better players imo.