• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:
4f7fbe46fd354e60ae7fb6c72b28f979.jpg?wid

The Boise State Broncos and Cincinnati Bearcats scheduled a...

It’s old news. Pete Thamel broke this news back in January. Aresco made comment about the conference potentially going to 14 teams for football around the same time. I can’t find anything new on the subject, but it’s a thing

I am down.  These are some good road trip places with cool surrounding areas for nature and whatnot.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I am down.  These are some good road trip places with cool surrounding areas for nature and whatnot.

Go big and go to 16. Take Fresno and Colorado St. too. That way we have SDSU, Boise, either Nevada or UNLV, Fresno St., and Colorado St. Eastern division teams will be making a trip to west each year and we will truly be in an American conference. Hopefully we find the money to pay for all that travel though 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Seems I heard the content of that entire tweet somewhere else.  So grateful the Tuxedo Baby Yoda could confirm it for me.  

:roflmao:

Still, it leaves me with the feeling of :puke:  and it damages the odds NEB will ever get an AAC trinket.

A trinket? Going to a NYD bowl, getting national recognition, getting more $ for the program, sticking it the ucf? Interesting choice of words. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I think some are dismissing the potential media rights side of this. The AAC would be able to provide their partners programing with kickoffs beginning at 12 pm and going all the way to 10:30 pm. No other conference in the nation would be able to offer that to their media partners. It gives the overlords at ESPN the flexibility to air conference games whenever they wish. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

I’m not too sure about that @BullyPulpit. The PAC12 peeps out here always complain that nobody watches their games because they are so late, including national media.  So the audience , if anything, may be those out this way. Pac12 doesn’t get much eastern viewership. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’m not too sure about that @BullyPulpit. The PAC12 peeps out here always complain that nobody watches their games because they are so late, including national media.  So the audience , if anything, may be those out this way. Pac12 doesn’t get much eastern viewership. 

It give our media partners more options to fill airtime with watchable games, that is what I was referencing more than anything. Also, maybe there would be more East Coast interest if you have a more easterly team playing at SDSU or Boise. Just a thought. 

I don't disagree with the above assumptions, but I also don't think it's reason enough to add them to the conference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

41 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't disagree with the above assumptions, but I also don't think it's reason enough to add them to the conference.

Other than possible new blood away game travel opportunities, pretty ambivalent about it. I don't see enough added value either but I assume someone does ........ if it's even true.

Well what scares me is the tv/media packages for P5 all are all coming up.  And we are at the bottom of our little toilet bowl. :facepalm:

Perhaps with the decline in revenue from current agreements, ESPN wants more content and the big boy conferences expand, pulling away AAC teams and the conference is only preparing for that.  That's my concern.  I haven't thought it out, but I can see little other reason for the AAC to pick up lower end teams on the West Coast....survival.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well what scares me is the tv/media packages for P5 all are all coming up.  And we are at the bottom of our little toilet bowl. :facepalm:

Perhaps with the decline in revenue from current agreements, ESPN wants more content and the big boy conferences expand, pulling away AAC teams and the conference is only preparing for that.  That's my concern.  I haven't thought it out, but I can see little other reason for the AAC to pick up lower end teams on the West Coast....survival.

I would not worry. There is no $ value in any AAC team worth $22 million a year. People are going to be disappointed when everything remains status quo.