• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

If I could post this on a private forum for us, I would.  There is a lot I’m leaving out because this is public and anyone can read it.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Mr. Willis I pray your right. Couple questions, not sure if you can answer them but anyway

1. is there a timeline on this

2. were there any other schools mentioned that are also coming to the big 12?

3. are the other tidbits you can't share related to conference re-alignment? or other aspects of athletics?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

It’s nice to be excited about something so I choose to believe. I am ready to start erecting statues to VPMK and our 2 week President post haste and appreciate that we are willing to lose more money for the short run in order to create a viable future (that’s the nice thing about being preprofit and having a parent company with endless money, we have nothing to lose and laugh in the face of budget deficits).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Brad said:

What if the Big Ten were to revisit expansion? Ten teams that make sense.

USF (American Athletic)

USF-football-fans.jpg

Oct. 15, 2016; Tampa, Florida; South Florida Bulls fans wear Star Wars masks during the second half of a football game against the Connecticut Huskies at Raymond James Stadium USF won 48-27. Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

Why it makes sense

This is an underrated option that not many talk about. If the Big Ten wants to get into a new market, why not get an institution in population-heavy, football-crazed Florida? USF is also one of those research institutions that have a lot of the same values and culture as Big Ten schools do academically. The south is where it is when it comes to football talent as well, and getting a footprint there could be huge for the entire conference. You know, the whole SEC thing and all.

What would hold the move back

USF has little football or basketball tradition to speak of. That seems to be the biggest hurdle with this one. The school has only been around since 1956 and a part of FBS in football since 1997. The support and facilities would likely need an upgrade to get to Big Ten standards. There is also a sterile campus feel to everything that might need to change.

big-ten-logo-steps.jpg?w=640

With talks of Oklahoma and Texas exploring membership with the SEC, it...

I love this ******* thread .....

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Good thing this post isn't on the internet. 

39 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Mr. Willis I pray your right. Couple questions, not sure if you can answer them but anyway

1. is there a timeline on this

2. were there any other schools mentioned that are also coming to the big 12?

3. are the other tidbits you can't share related to conference re-alignment? or other aspects of athletics?

1.  He did not provide a timeline.  So I’m not sure. 

2. The usual suspects the media is reporting (BYU, Houston, central) are out there, but have deal killers for one reason or another.    But the other front runner along with USF is Cincinnati, former Big East partner.

3.  Yes, I have some other things, but definitely can’t share them on a forum open to the public.  If there is a private forum for USF fans only, I can expand a bit there.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Will ND keep that wagon hitched if we go to the 12-team playoffs?

4 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

My guess is yes, because the same reasons will exist.  

I guess I'm not that up on those reasons. Are they making more money now as part of the ACC?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, wesleywillis said:

Hey all,

I just got back from talking to my friend who works in Athletics (we do early morning runs sometimes).  

According to him, there has been a ton of behind the scenes activity in USF athletics and moving to the Big 12.  He was working till late last night on communications and proposals and apparently AD Kelly has been working the phone, his CFP connections, and every other avenue for the past two days.  

The big thing is it looks like USF is likely to have a home in the Big 12.  However, AD Kelly is working very hard to keep this under wraps and out of the media so we don’t get undermined by some of our competitions. 

A couple interesting notes:

-  WVU is the driving force behind USF joining the B12.  Based on our rivalry and past games, WVU started reaching out and lobbying the other Big 12 schools last night after their meeting.

- USF’s status as being in a BCS conference before and being able to be ranked #2 in the nation is carrying a ton of weight with the other schools.

- USF is prepared to offer a deal where they will accept no revenue from the Big 12 for the first two years as provisional members.  After two years, if USF can prove their worth through increased attendance and performance, they will get full membership.  These are two of our weak spots and they think offering to forego revenue for two years will “sweeten the pot.”

The excitement in the air is palpable, with one old timer comparing the feeling to what was going around in 2005! He also gave me a couple other really interesting tidbits, but I can’t post them here on a public forum, these are things that can’t get out to the “competition.”

Go Bulls!

🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

From reading this it just seems like you are telling everyone what they long to hear. How many people on this forum have “connections” in athletics? 😂😂

Just now, USFRaider said:

From reading this it just seems like you are telling everyone what they long to hear. How many people on this forum have “connections” in athletics? 😂😂

Do you enjoy going to the mall and telling kids in line there is no Santa Claus? For the first time in a decade we get to have a single day of enjoyment and I see no reason to ruin it with a silly things like reality. There will be plenty of time to wallow in the AAC, just not today. Today we can have hope, I for one have missed it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If WVU helps to get us in the B12, I will take back every hillbilly, inbreed, toothbrush, couch burning joke I ever said,

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If WVU helps to get us in the B12, I will take back every hillbilly, inbreed, toothbrush, couch burning joke I ever said,

I will organize a convoy of couches to be sent to every man woman in child in WVU, that has to be hundreds of people