• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Also, some other people seem to think that if UCF or USF go somewhere, they are a packaged deal? Which is beyond absurd.

You should have been here when that was a real consideration...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

If the SEC goes to 16 teams I see the other major conferences following suit in a race to build a Power 4. There might not be a Big 12 left to go to in that scenario. I have to imagine Kansas has reached out to the B1G to explore membership. Their profile and AAU membership fits well in that conference. Iowa State, while lacking the athletic profile, is also in the AAU, so they would potentially bring that to the table for the Big Ten. 

I would suspect that the ACC would look to force Notre Dame's hand and get them to either join or jettison their other athletic programs. They could then get to 16 teams by adding West Virginia. 

That would leave the Pac-12 4 open spots. OK State and Texas Tech would look to be the most appealing options from the remnants of the Big 12. I could also see them looking to add BYU and possibly Boise State to get to 16 (TCU and Baylor could be alternatives, but really BYU and Boise would add just as much to the conference, if not more). 

Who then would the AAC try to add to get to 16 teams and try to get a spot at the big boy's table? Baylor, Kansas State, and TCU (or Boise and BYU if the Pac-12 chooses to take 2 additional teams from the Big 12) would be available and the most logical choices at that point. That gets the conference to 14 teams. Not many other options add anything in terms of value, but if the goal is stability and everyone else goes to 16 team membership, you would have to figure that the AAC would as well. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

43 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

From reading this it just seems like you are telling everyone what they long to hear. How many people on this forum have “connections” in athletics? 😂😂

A pretty good handful or so...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I thought the name was familiar.  Just don't let him in on the super secret "private" forum. 

I'm not even allowed in there .....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

If the SEC goes to 16 teams I see the other major conferences following suit in a race to build a Power 4. There might not be a Big 12 left to go to in that scenario. I have to imagine Kansas has reached out to the B1G to explore membership. Their profile and AAU membership fits well in that conference. Iowa State, while lacking the athletic profile, is also in the AAU, so they would potentially bring that to the table for the Big Ten. 

I would suspect that the ACC would look to force Notre Dame's hand and get them to either join or jettison their other athletic programs. They could then get to 16 teams by adding West Virginia. 

That would leave the Pac-12 4 open spots. OK State and Texas Tech would look to be the most appealing options from the remnants of the Big 12. I could also see them looking to add BYU and possibly Boise State to get to 16 (TCU and Baylor could be alternatives, but really BYU and Boise would add just as much to the conference, if not more). 

Who then would the AAC try to add to get to 16 teams and try to keep a spot at the big boy's table? Baylor, Kansas State, and TCU would be available and the most logical choices at that point. That gets the conference to 14 teams. Not many other options add anything in terms of value, but if the goal is stability and everyone else goes to 16 team membership, you would have to figure that the AAC would as well. 

No one is leaving the B12 for the AAC even for their teams. We built the AAC with just us, UC and Uconn remaining and not once did it even get discussed that we could simply make CUsa stronger. 

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Third times a charm?

There is that hope .....

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

A pretty good handful or so...

Who are obviously better at keeping secrets than wesley ....

• Go Bulls! 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not even allowed in there .....

We haven't expanded, yet.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

If this happens next week we could see some dominos start falling before the season even starts. Probably a coincidence but Currall was pushed out literally the day before all this news started breaking. Wonder if we we're already in talks with the Big 12 and heard back that he was a deal breaker

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No one is leaving the B12 for the AAC even for their teams. We built the AAC with just us, UC and Uconn remaining and not once did it even get discussed that we could simply make CUsa stronger. 

Call the new conference whatever you want, but I think the scenario I laid out is more plausible than the 8 remaining Big 12 teams standing pat and adding 8 additional teams to the mix. A school like Kansas is not going to sit around and wait to get left in the dust. If the fear is that other conferences will poach (which they almost assuredly will given the pressure that will be placed on them by their TV partners) then the remnants of the Big 12 will all jump ship. 

Edited by BullyPulpit