• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s nice to be excited about something so I choose to believe. I am ready to start erecting statues to VPMK and our 2 week President post haste and appreciate that we are willing to lose more money for the short run in order to create a viable future (that’s the nice thing about being preprofit and having a parent company with endless money, we have nothing to lose and laugh in the face of budget deficits).

If I may add to your points, (even if I remain skeptical) at least the statements made by the poster seem to be feasible given that we have been cattle prodded forward in the past by Louisville and maybe the folks at West Virginia see the possibilities of USF if our program was once again able to be in a "big time" conference.   I also see he mentioned Cincinnati and that makes sense from a WVa perspecitive.  In business past working relationships which were amicable, even if not entirely successful, sometimes help out in the future.  One can only hope this is all true because even if calls go out for a "Power 4", I would imagine the Big 12 would be a better spot than the AAC.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

If I may add to your points, (even if I remain skeptical) at least the statements made by the poster seem to be feasible given that we have been cattle prodded forward in the past by Louisville and maybe the folks at West Virginia see the possibilities of USF if our program was once again able to be in a "big time" conference.   I also see he mentioned Cincinnati and that makes sense from a WVa perspecitive.  In business past working relationships which were amicable, even if not entirely successful, sometimes help out in the future.  One can only hope this is all true because even if calls go out for a "Power 4", I would imagine the Big 12 would be a better spot than the AAC.

He had me at leaving the AAC

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

He had me at leaving the AAC

AAC, almost like purgatory.  Let's hope the pious say enough Hail Marys and Our Fathers and get USF to the Big 12.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Without Oklahoma and Texas isn’t the Big 12 just another AAC? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, wesleywillis said:

Hey all,

I just got back from talking to my friend who works in Athletics (we do early morning runs sometimes).  

According to him, there has been a ton of behind the scenes activity in USF athletics and moving to the Big 12.  He was working till late last night on communications and proposals and apparently AD Kelly has been working the phone, his CFP connections, and every other avenue for the past two days.  

The big thing is it looks like USF is likely to have a home in the Big 12.  However, AD Kelly is working very hard to keep this under wraps and out of the media so we don’t get undermined by some of our competitions. 

A couple interesting notes:

-  WVU is the driving force behind USF joining the B12.  Based on our rivalry and past games, WVU started reaching out and lobbying the other Big 12 schools last night after their meeting.

- USF’s status as being in a BCS conference before and being able to be ranked #2 in the nation is carrying a ton of weight with the other schools.

- USF is prepared to offer a deal where they will accept no revenue from the Big 12 for the first two years as provisional members.  After two years, if USF can prove their worth through increased attendance and performance, they will get full membership.  These are two of our weak spots and they think offering to forego revenue for two years will “sweeten the pot.”

The excitement in the air is palpable, with one old timer comparing the feeling to what was going around in 2005! He also gave me a couple other really interesting tidbits, but I can’t post them here on a public forum, these are things that can’t get out to the “competition.”

Go Bulls!

🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Question #1, is it wrong of me that a Groucho Marx quote keeps popping into my head when i think about an invite?

Question #2, wesley, is this the same source that had the Kanigits with a B12 invite back in 2014 and CJL basically a done deal to replace CCS?

I must admit that I do have a little admiration for this imbedded type of trolling .... thanks for your contribution to the Mother of all Threads..

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

It's Bacccccckkkkkkk, more CRR- love it. This topic is kinda like Disney World- it's all Fantasy... 

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Question #1, is it wrong of me that a Groucho Marx quote keeps popping into my head when i think about an invite?

Question #2, wesley, is this the same source that had the Kanigits with a B12 invite back in 2014 and CJL basically a done deal to replace CCS?

I must admit that I do have a little admiration for this imbedded type of trolling .... thanks for your contribution to the Mother of all Thheads..

I thought the name was familiar.  Just don't let him in on the super secret "private" forum. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I must admit that I do have a little admiration for this imbedded type of trolling .... thanks for your contribution to the Mother of all Threads..

On the Groucho head pop, does a duck drop down from the ceiling at some point???  😅

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Without Oklahoma and Texas isn’t the Big 12 just another AAC? 

No. There is not a single team in the AAC that every member in the AAC would not trade for WVU, OSU, KU, TCU KState, BU or TT. To be able to leave EZU, Tulane and whoever else is in this conference for them is a no brainer especially when you consider at least two of the best brands in the AAC will in fact be leaving to join the better teams in the B12 and be back filled with CUSA teams. No one actually likes being in the AAC, hopefully we can stop pretending soon.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Third times a charm?