• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

People know those brands better and anyone that tries to sell the AAC not being that bad has to draw on absurd minutia, if you are discussing details you have already lost the debate. People know Baylor, people know TT and people long for WV. The AAC marks the death of the program for more people than you think and an opportunity to rebrand by joining forces with better brands than we are unfortunately lumped with would make a world of difference, immediately.

And if that doesn't do it, having to pay players will.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

image.pngI will storm the field again and make new photos 

I had to think about how long that has been.  I still had dirty blonde hair, was at my preferred "fighting" weight and while I did not partake, I could have stormed the field.  Now, it would be a slow struggle over the wall and a shuffle, limp combination of movements towards the field

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

And if that doesn't do it, having to pay players will.

At least that is impactful across the board which feels much better than being one of only three teams left behind

1 minute ago, Mission9 said:

I had to think about how long that has been.  I still had dirty blonde hair, was at my preferred "fighting" weight and while I did not partake, I could have stormed the field.  Now, it would be a slow struggle over the wall and a shuffle, limp combination of movements towards the field

I still had hair.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

At least that is impactful across the board which feels much better than being one of only three teams left behind

If we can't afford to pay players it won't matter the conference.  That worries more than which conference we're in - unless magically we can a 3x boost in revenue.

Edited by CousinRicky

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

People know those brands better and anyone that tries to sell the AAC not being that bad has to draw on absurd minutia, if you are discussing details you have already lost the debate. People know Baylor, people know TT and people long for WV. The AAC marks the death of the program for more people than you think and an opportunity to rebrand by joining forces with better brands than we are unfortunately lumped with would make a world of difference, immediately.

Some people do seem to forget the importance of name brands in all of this. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, Mission9 said:

Some people do seem to forget the importance of name brands in all of this. 

2011 when we we're still in the Big East. We we're 5-5 and 1-5 in our last 5 games. Then in 2 home games against WVU and Louisville pulled in 47k and 42k. If we're in the Big 12 we just have to be mediocre and we'll still build the brand

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If we can't afford to pay players it won't matter the conference.  That worries more than which conference we're in - unless magically we can a 3x boost in revenue.

You are absolutely correct about this.  The only counterpoint I may add is that I feel that revenue would go up if USF did get the coveted invite to a better conference.  I do remember the larger crowds at the Big East games and I am certain even a revamped Big 12 would get a better media deal. There are a lot of casual fans in Tampa which we used to get who might return.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I think joining the B12 comes with a free oil field, oil rigs and refinery. We will just use that money. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

2011 when we we're still in the Big East. We we're 5-5 and 1-5 in our last 5 games. Then in 2 home games against WVU and Louisville pulled in 47k and 42k. If we're in the Big 12 we just have to be mediocre and we'll still build the brand

I understand the importance of name brands, but if the Big 12 falls apart completely and 2 or 3 teams are remaining (Baylor, TCU, and KSU and/or ISU being the most likely leftovers) it just isn't the same as being in a conference with WVU and Ok St (and Kansas for basketball). I would fall over myself to get into the Big 12 with the 8 remaining teams. I would be happy to get into an upgraded conference with those other 3 or 4 teams, but it wouldn't be the same level of excitement.