• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I don't disagree with that, although it will be interesting to see the new tv contracts when all is said and done. My bet is that the B12, 14, 16, or whatever it may be called will be substantially below the other "power' conferences. I also believe that it will be substantially better than what we have now.

And if I were in the conference already I’d be pissed, just like I was last time, but we are already out so for us it’s improvement (just like it’s been for the hangers on that joined us).

9 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

The fire is the program burning down.

We are destined to be in the CUSA or Sunbelt.

We are already there

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Anyone know what the exit fee is going to be if we do leave for the Big 12? Looks like UConn paid 5 mill. If we have to pay that, then don't take any revenue our first 2 years we'll really need the donors to pony up

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,528
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Anyone know what the exit fee is going to be if we do leave for the Big 12? Looks like UConn paid 5 mill. If we have to pay that, then don't take any revenue our first 2 years we'll really need the donors to pony up

They should sell naming rights to the buildings or something 

Dominoes starting to fall

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

24 minutes ago, bulloni said:

My guess is that Vinik and company might be willing to pony up some money to contribute to the move. Their management contract for the Yuengling Center becomes a lot more attractive if we have Kansas, Ok State, Baylor, and Texas Tech coming in to play every year. 

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

My guess is that Vinik and company might be willing to pony up some money to contribute to the move. Their management contract for the Yuengling Center becomes a lot more attractive if we have Kansas, Ok State, Baylor, and Texas Tech coming in to play every year. 

If Vinik helps foot the bill, I say we name the  school after him. The USF Vinik’s or Vinik State University Bulls?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815

Well if what Chip Brown from Longhorns board is reporting. Next week UT and OU will let B12 officially know that they will stay until end of 2024 season and exit then. This will complete their current tv contract so they won’t have to pay up big money as part of GOR.

So the leftovers will have 2-3 years to try to find elsewhere to go. You figure by the end of 2023 season they will have to decide who is staying and who they will add for the new tv contract.

It will be interesting to see who isn’t able to escape the sinking B12 ship. Either way whether USF joins whoever is left or stays in AAC we will still be outside the Power Conferences and the big money.

But if true it gives USF a few years to improve its football position. That means winning and building the IPF now.

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Well if what Chip Brown from Longhorns board is reporting. Next week UT and OU will let B12 officially know that they will stay until end of 2024 season and exit then. This will complete their current tv contract so they won’t have to pay up big money as part of GOR.

So the leftovers will have 2-3 years to try to find elsewhere to go. You figure by the end of 2023 season they will have to decide who is staying and who they will add for the new tv contract.

It will be interesting to see who isn’t able to escape the sinking B12 ship. Either way whether USF joins whoever is left or stays in AAC we will still be outside the Power Conferences and the big money.

But if true it gives USF a few years to improve its football position. That means winning and building the IPF now.

Is that enough time to squeeze in on last feasibility study?

• Haha 2

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Just got off the phone with my friend.  Our AD is a machine. 

If the B12 stays together, here is what we will hopefully be singing to WVU soon:

Edited by wesleywillis

3 minutes ago, wesleywillis said:

Just got off the phone with my friend.  Our AD is a machine. 

If the B12 stays together, here is what we will hopefully be singing to WVU soon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KBQVKzNpW4s

Feels like a big IF at this point. Seems like a sure thing that Texas/Oklahoma are out, and looking like Kansas is going too. My guess at that point would be USF, UCF, and Cincy get the invite. But if Ok State leaves too then it may be a free for all of Big 12 teams trying to find new homes