• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

There is that hope .....

There was already the hope, it seems to conjure Wesley more so than Wesley conjuring the hope

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

I remember more than a decade and a half ago when friends of mine in USF Athletics trusted me enough to tell me about the Big East doings.  I did not share it on this board, but it sure was exciting.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

There was already the hope, it seems to conjure Wesley more so than Wesley conjuring the hope

Exactly .... and i don't think it's a coincidence that the real Wesley Willis was a schizophrenic.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Call the new conference whatever you want, but I think the scenario I laid out is more plausible than the 8 remaining Big 12 teams standing pat and adding 8 additional teams to the mix. A team like Kansas is not going to sit around and wait to get left in the dust. If the fear is that other conferences will poach (which they almost assuredly will given the pressure that will be placed on them by their TV partners) then the remnants of the Big 12 will all jump ship. 

You are missing the small caveat that they will all jump ship as long as there is somewhere better to go. FOMO will not cause anyone to jump to the AAC because that option would be available at any time. 💯 if only three teams remain in the B12 they remain there and draw from BYU, the best of the West and the best of the AAC. There is no conceivable scenario where even a single B12 teams joins the AAC for even a second, it just makes no sense from any perspective.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

So, a little esoteric and slightly off topic but those miscreants at EZU have been insisting for years that they are SEC material due to the attendance they get at their games and their "culture".  So, does the addition of Texas and Oklahoma put an end to their big dream?

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Exactly .... and i don't think it's a coincidence that the real Wesley Willis was a schizophrenic.

If you can’t trust random strangers on niche message boards with no vetting, that are named after someone that’s been dead since 2003, and gave us treasures like the attached then who can you trust? This may have me rethinking where I get my information on vaccines 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are missing the small caveat that they will all jump ship as long as there is somewhere better to go. FOMO will not cause anyone to jump to the AAC because that option would be available at any time. 💯 if only three teams remain in the B12 they remain there and draw from BYU, the best of the West and the best of the AAC. There is no conceivable scenario where even a single B12 teams joins the AAC for even a second, it just makes no sense from any perspective.

As I said, call the new conference whatever you want, but most of the teams they would choose from would come from the AAC. I would see BYU in the PAC along with Boise State in the scenario the PAC expands to 16. Of course, everything changes dramatically if the B1G decides to only take Kansas or simply raid the PAC or ACC. 

The bigger point of my post was that there won't be much of a Big 12 left to go to. Playing Baylor, TCU, and Kansas State is better than playing ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa....but not by any appreciable margin that would improve the casual fan's perspective of USF athletics. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

It is an odd time when our friend Puc has a more positive outlook on USF's future than I do.  😮

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

As I said, call the new conference whatever you want, but most of the teams they would choose from would come from the AAC. I would see BYU in the PAC along with Boise State in the scenario the PAC expands to 16. Of course, everything changes dramatically if the B1G decides to only take Kansas or simply raid the PAC or ACC. 

The bigger point of my post was that there won't be much of a Big 12 left to go to. Playing Baylor, TCU, and Kansas State is better than playing ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa....but not by any appreciable margin that would improve the casual fan's perspective of USF athletics. 

It would bring the total number of AAC games I care about to 4 which is 4x the current list of UC, I have to think it’s a boost but maybe it’s just wishful thinking 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It would bring the total number of AAC games I care about to 4 which is 4x the current list of UC, I have to think it’s a boost but maybe it’s just wishful thinking 

That's good that you would care more, but Joe Casual Fan isn't flocking to Ray Jay to see USF v. Kansas State or Baylor. Those teams just don't move the needle enough to make us any more relevant. Not to mention the fact that we would likely be in different divisions than most of the remaining Big 12 teams.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. It is exciting and also terrifying. My nightmares are made up of UCF getting into a P5 conference with us being stuck in the purgatory of the AAC. So long as that doesn't happen, I can live with however else the chips may fall.