• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Cool story bro now do Texas at what point does being first in revenue beget the whole cracking the top 20? When does South Carolina bringing in more money leapfrog Clemson? Why are Michigan and Ohio State millions apart financially but seem worlds apart in results? How do we explain the curious case of FSU? Who exactly was coastal Carolina beating in the coffers before they beat out most of the country in results? If I only had this I would be successful is the battle cry of the loser that has no actual actionable plan and it rarely plays out that way in real life. It’s an excuse and everyone can have as many as they would like or they can actually try to go out and do something about obtaining the goals they claim to be being held back from.

Once again I will correct you on the highest revenue, that is Texas A&M, a sports pass cost students $300 annually and they still fill that 100k stadium, Gig em!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Friscobull said:

Once again I will correct you on the highest revenue, that is Texas A&M, a sports pass cost students $300 annually and they still fill that 100k stadium, Gig em!

Well it’s the latest figures I have in my head, so what is Texas, second? Either way having been first for a long time didn’t seem to beget the winning you would expect from cause and effect but oddly losing does seem to do something to your revenue… odd, who would have thought??

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Mail? Were the Telegraph lines down or something?

It was 10 or so years ago but yeah, I get it.  I used to have it mailed to me and mailed it back, seems kind of archaic but whatever, somebody got to read my incoherent rant.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well it’s the latest figures I have in my head, so what is Texas, second? Either way having been first for a long time didn’t seem to beget the winning you would expect from cause and effect but oddly losing does seem to do something to your revenue… odd, who would have thought??

Yep, they are #2 in more ways than one

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I do agree that product on the field builds support and USF that had no real fan base was finally building some steam and then we got hit with a double whammy the end of the BigEast and the Holtz years that crippled the support. Then a few years of success with Flowers destroyed by Strong.

We still have a fan base that is very fickle, makes up all kind of excuses to not attend games, won’t donate but still expect that we compete with the top teams.

Yes we need to win and that will help but we also need to get more fans donating even if it’s 25 a year to get them onboard. I believe we still have one of the lowest booster club members in the AAC.

I now liv3 in North Georgia, before I lived in Miami and I have had season tickets from the start. We need more in Tampa area to buy tickets and show up. Enough with the excuses

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

It was 10 or so years ago but yeah, I get it.  I used to have it mailed to me and mailed it back, seems kind of archaic but whatever, somebody got to read my incoherent rant.

I bet that thing is still stuck to somebody's bulletin board 😃

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I believe we still have one of the lowest booster club members in the AAC.

I don't know about number of boosters level but the dollar level is the lowest in the conference of the ones published, as is our combined Contributions/Ticket sales monies ........ just like they have been for most of our existence in a conference.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

In the entertainment business, the product comes first. Never heard a band say, you're going to keep getting our ****** music until you start buying albums and showing up, then we'll give you the good stuff.

Büllshit. Did you invest your future by going to some band or entertainer's 4 year accredited institution of higher learning? Alumni need to lift up the school, not the other way around.  If the opposite was true, you should've gone to a different school. Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, etc all suck at athletics, but they don't need to. For the rest of us, athletics is marketing. When is the last time you asked Coca-Cola or Amazon or X company to help you, your kids, other family, or friends? Putting The University of South Florida should mean something on a resume/CV. 

Edited by BayIslandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Our AD is reaching out to specific fans on twitter trying to win them back too. Seems more motivated than the last admin to build a fan base at least.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

Büllshit. Did you invest your future by going to some band or entertainer's 4 year accredited institution of higher learning? Alumni need to lift up the school, not the other way around.  If the opposite was true, you should've gone to a different school. Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, etc all suck at athletics, but they don't need to. For the rest of us, athletics is marketing. When is the last time you asked Coca-Cola or Amazon or X company to help you, your kids, other family, or friends? Putting The University of South Florida should mean something on a resume/CV. 

When was the last time you put USF football on your resume, because I don't think Kelly was referring to my financial contributions to the College of Arts and Sciences.