• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You move to Zephyrhills and now you are a farmer using farming analogies , I didn’t realize they would accept you big city folk out in dem parts.  

When in Rome....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I doubt it, wasn’t exactly HR appropriate to be displayed in an office setting.  

Oh that thing is a hidden gem somewhere in that building.  Might be on the back side of that bulletin board or taped under a desk drawer, but that thing is there.  

Edited by chapelbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

Reasons for hope:

• They looked absolutely terrible in their bowl game with their draft eligible players sitting out. They could be in for a big step back this year after losing all that talent.
  • They play Bama at home the week after and we were **** last year, so they're players will probably be looking past us a bit.

Reality

• They're an SEC team full of blue chips. The difference in the trenches is too much to overcome and they'll be able to run the ball down our throats so losing their passing attack doesn't really matter. And the fact that its at noon in September, our defense will probably be gassed by the end of the first quarter after they've been gashing us for 15 yards at a time.

Our D will be well rested after giving up a TD every 4 plays.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I wonder how many contributions he made and how supportive he was when he left and went to work for the ACC and college football national championship? I know, I know it’s different but hear me out. If life conditions such as where you are employed can play a part in how much support you provide a program what if other people have their support influenced by things like the fact you have ran one of the least successful stretches in college football? What if just because someone went to school somewhere didn’t mean they have to care about and blindly finance something that has demonstrated the smallest fraction of the care it has demanded from them? It’s been more than a decade since the last person that actually demonstrated the passion for the program required of fans was forced out of the building. 

When the Rays and Bucs are dragging the seller I don’t really hear a whole lot of how they need more support and it’s the fans fault for not supporting institutionalize failure as to why they can’t win. When people start to get some traction and demonstrate they are on track is typically when they make petitions for the fans to follow suit. Maybe at least wait until the first time your curve doesn’t look like a straight decline one (that would have to have us win a negative amount this season to follow its slope) before you dare open your mouth about the people that have kept this program on life support while people just like you that got paid to fail (not quite as spectacularly as you have) have continued to try to find the last death nail into the coffin, I think the words you are actually trying to find for the fans is thank you for funding our incompetence despite no evidence that any amount of money would actually make a difference but it just came out a bit wrong. How Dare You Greta GIF

In all fairness to him I was probably looking for a reason but I think maybe this is where I get off, thanks MK and be sure to hit me up on Twitter as soon as a reporter calls you out on it as I’m that’s a scalable way to provide outreach to abandoned fans (it’s not like you have a database or anything where you can find all of the defectors you would like to discover and uncover where and why you lost the fans). This isn’t the first time MK has demonstrated that he looks at this problem entirely wrong which is probably not helping our continued failure but if it’s not not the last time I’m going to listen to it without joining the countless other problems it’s pretty **** close to it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

56 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Oh that thing is a hidden gem somewhere in that building.  Might be on the back side of that bulletin board or taped under a desk drawer, but that thing is there.  

Looking back, I have terrible penmanship, coupled with at the time I typed 90 percent of my correspondence and was ********** when I wrote it.  I had some great points but not sure even I could read them, but pretty sure the obscenities were in caps and not cursive so who knows, I may be a legend there and the reason they sent me an outdated bobble head of Rocky.  Thanks Chapel, I will probably live on in infamy.

I think the part that has me so fired up (besides the fact that it’s not taking ownership of a situation you are in charge of) is what’s the point of this messaging? Does anyone believe that a single person will see this victim blaming and be inspired to donate even a single dollar more? Is it simply to make himself feel better about being a failure? Is he worried about heat (in which case he should be thankful we have less fans and donors)? Honestly I do not get the purpose of this instead of “I’m sorry that we have done things that have led to fans abandoning the program but as long as I am here we will continue to fight to win you back and give you a reason to want to fund and support your program. The failure and the excuses end today and we will earn your dollar or get fired trying”.  Does this honestly resonate with anyone? It doesn’t sound like messaging from an executive at any corporation or business that I would give a single dollar to.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,556
  • Days Won:  423

So, puc, at what point will you start supporting the football program again?

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Well first I have to make sure I’m actually ready to throw in the towel but if I do I’m pretty sure I will realize it’s actually nicer from the couch 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

41 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think the part that has me so fired up (besides the fact that it’s not taking ownership of a situation you are in charge of) is what’s the point of this messaging? Does anyone believe that a single person will see this victim blaming and be inspired to donate even a single dollar more? Is it simply to make himself feel better about being a failure? Is he worried about heat (in which case he should be thankful we have less fans and donors)? Honestly I do not get the purpose of this instead of “I’m sorry that we have done things that have led to fans abandoning the program but as long as I am here we will continue to fight to win you back and give you a reason to want to fund and support your program. The failure and the excuses end today and we will earn your dollar or get fired trying”.  Does this honestly resonate with anyone? It doesn’t sound like messaging from an executive at any corporation or business that I would give a single dollar to.

Puc, the prior post has to be the longest in the history of TBP, nice work.  Victim mentality is the way of the world, disappointed a Gen X would act like a millennial but at the end of the day, nobody takes ownership for anything and we all point fingers somewhere else, much more satisfying. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

50 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Probably after they beat FAMU.