• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

32 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The Cubs really didn’t draw crap until the 80’s, so it took about 60 plus years at Wrigley before they became popular and sold out, before that they were simply a ****** team with no lights and had to play day games in front of sparse crowds.  Not sure this model will work for us but we shall see in another 40 years, fingers crossed. 

From my perspective life began in the 80’s no one cars about the BP era when you people used to drive around in buggies and stare at the sun for entertainment 

5 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I think the quote should read “ USF athletics will be as successful as our leadership has priorities for it to succeed.” Bye Judy. Thanks for the memories.

That would be the more accurate look at the problem but if administration was to blame then someone may actually expect the people hired to fix the issues to actually have solutions, taking ownership of a problem is never fun so it’s much easier to blame abstract things like engagement, Indian burial grounds and the football G-ds.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Was at Busch gardens today with a guy who is a Mich State grad. He dropped his alumni membership because they only win 3 games last year. We are not alone in this crap.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Was at Busch gardens today with a guy who is a Mich State grad. He dropped his alumni membership because they only win 3 games last year. We are not alone in this crap.

Interesting…I keep my academic involvement decoupled from the Athletics…I love USF football but will never substitute it for my love and respect for the university as a whole. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

From my perspective life began in the 80’s no one cars about the BP era when you people used to drive around in buggies and stare at the sun for entertainment 

Many others perspective will feel the same way about AP era.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I dream of being at that level of misfortune, playing in the Big 10 and winning three games sounds like a pipe dream especially if I’m doing it in 50 degree weather. Imagine how he would have felt with a single FCS win, losing to AAC teams you have to Google walking into the stadium most games while trying not to spontaneously combust in 100 degree weather with 100 percent humidity. If we had their problems attendance and contributions would be up. We do not offer a single thing but guilt in attempting to extort money from our dwindling fanbase.

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Many others perspective will feel the same way about AP era.

People are entitled to be wrong

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I dream of being at that level of misfortune, playing in the Big 10 and winning three games sounds like a pipe dream especially if I’m doing it in 50 degree weather. Imagine how he would have felt with a single FCS win, losing to AAC teams you have to Google walking into the stadium most games while trying not to spontaneously combust in 100 degree weather with 100 percent humidity. If we had their problems attendance and contributions would be up. We do not offer a single thing but guilt in attempting to extort money from our dwindling fanbase.

We do have their issues. We're just starting from a lower base. I think it is horrible that he did that but it's his $$$$.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting…I keep my academic involvement decoupled from the Athletics…I love USF football but will never substitute it for my love and respect for the university as a whole. 

Interesting…I could give 2 violation about Academics and am simply looking for a winner on the field or on the court and to a much lesser degree on the diamond. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Friscobull said:

Interesting…I could give 2 violation about Academics and am simply looking for a winner on the field or on the court and to a much lesser degree on the diamond. 

So not a basketball fan?