• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I wonder how many contributions he made and how supportive he was when he left and went to work for the ACC and college football national championship? I know, I know it’s different but hear me out. If life conditions such as where you are employed can play a part in how much support you provide a program what if other people have their support influenced by things like the fact you have ran one of the least successful stretches in college football? What if just because someone went to school somewhere didn’t mean they have to care about and blindly finance something that has demonstrated the smallest fraction of the care it has demanded from them? It’s been more than a decade since the last person that actually demonstrated the passion for the program required of fans was forced out of the building. 

When the Rays and Bucs are dragging the seller I don’t really hear a whole lot of how they need more support and it’s the fans fault for not supporting institutionalize failure as to why they can’t win. When people start to get some traction and demonstrate they are on track is typically when they make petitions for the fans to follow suit. Maybe at least wait until the first time your curve doesn’t look like a straight decline one (that would have to have us win a negative amount this season to follow its slope) before you dare open your mouth about the people that have kept this program on life support while people just like you that got paid to fail (not quite as spectacularly as you have) have continued to try to find the last death nail into the coffin, I think the words you are actually trying to find for the fans is thank you for funding our incompetence despite no evidence that any amount of money would actually make a difference but it just came out a bit wrong. How Dare You Greta GIF

In all fairness to him I was probably looking for a reason but I think maybe this is where I get off, thanks MK and be sure to hit me up on Twitter as soon as a reporter calls you out on it as I’m that’s a scalable way to provide outreach to abandoned fans (it’s not like you have a database or anything where you can find all of the defectors you would like to discover and uncover where and why you lost the fans). This isn’t the first time MK has demonstrated that he looks at this problem entirely wrong which is probably not helping our continued failure but if it’s not not the last time I’m going to listen to it without joining the countless other problems it’s pretty **** close to it.

Thank God. Please don’t come back, you are pretty annoying.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Puc, the prior post has to be the longest in the history of TBP, nice work.  Victim mentality is the way of the world, disappointed a Gen X would act like a millennial but at the end of the day, nobody takes ownership for anything and we all point fingers somewhere else, much more satisfying. 

I’ve written longer paragraphs on here. I’m just pissy but I honestly think we could probably find some better messaging if we are trying to attract fans instead of pouring gasoline on the defections. We are coming off a single win season maybe this would be a good year to try a program to win back defectors with a will win more games or the next ones on me, or even join us early and we will win more seasons than the last for the next three years or we will refund you (or at least a portion based on x) really there is no reason not to throw the kitchen sink at it because the bar is so low, will probably not improve much this season and if things are this bad in three years you really aren’t going to have to worry about who the next guy is going to be that’s going to have to hand out all of these refunds. Just do something that resembles productivity and stop ******** about the people that ought to be ******** about you because FYI their support is way stronger than your results.

10 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Thank God. Please don’t come back, you are pretty annoying.

Who said I was every leaving the board? I like it here and Brads leadership, I don’t know what that would have to do with MK being entitled to more money to squander. I’m sorry I annoy you it’s not intentional and I do not harbor the same feelings of you because I appreciate any and all of our long suffering fans. 

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Who said I was every leaving the board? I like it here and Brads leadership, I don’t know what that would have to do with MK being entitled to more money to squander. I’m sorry I annoy you it’s not intentional and I do not harbor the same feelings of you because I appreciate any and all of our long suffering fans. 

Liar. We all know it’s intentional.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Liar. We all know it’s intentional.

I doubt I was writing intentionally for an audience I am not sure I was aware existed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Well first I have to make sure I’m actually ready to throw in the towel but if I do I’m pretty sure I will realize it’s actually nicer from the couch 

Does that mean you’re still supporting at this point?

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Does that mean you’re still supporting at this point?

All of this suffering cannot be for not right? Like maybe we get rewarded in a Bulls after life or something. I just hate when the person charged with something blames the consumer for their failures. The market is never wrong and people are spending their dollars somewhere, come up with a reason to make it on you. Well also I just like complaining and being outraged. If not for anger I’m not sure I would know what it’s like to feel.

• Upvote 1

I’m not a sports sociologist but I think the fact that every other team in the Tampa area (much to my chagrin) is managing to be champa bay and you can barely manage to win a game and seem to be losing more every season under your leadership may have something to do with the financial woes more so then them supporting your failure (more than your deserve) has to do with why you can’t buy a win.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, jchem1995 said:

I think the quote should read “ USF athletics will be as successful as our leadership has priorities for it to succeed.” Bye Judy. Thanks for the memories.

The correct answer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

On 6/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, jchem1995 said:

I think the quote should read “ USF athletics will be as successful as our leadership has priorities for it to succeed.” Bye Judy. Thanks for the memories.

Judy's priority for USF Athletics to succeed led her to get rid of the architect of USF football. She held the program to a higher standard that was really warranted, a standard of more established programs ..... only seriously challenging for a conf championship 1 time. Where she messed up was then handcuffing Skip when it came to recruiting involving academics, her first love. I think she cared about Athletics to the point of interfering too much ...