• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, puc86 said:

Probably not but there are few paths that could have followed a worse course than the rudderless ship we decided to embark on. 

Well that could be true…he could have also done something stupid again during one of his tantrums.

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He is an old school Bobby knight, this is what happened in our day, if I was out of line In class I got taken out into the hallway and swatted, fb coach would pick me off the ground by my face mask and drag me around the field to show me how out of position I was on the practice field, this was the way of the world and we were better for it IMO. 

Same. I came from Georgia where the teachers paddled that ass. I got my ass whipped at least once a week back in the day. Some of those teachers liked it in a psycho type of way. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same. I came from Georgia where the teachers paddled that ass. I got my ass whipped at least once a week back in the day. Some of those teachers liked it in a psycho type of way. 

I am not saying it was perfect but I would take a paddle at school way before I would take it at home, back then the parents did come to the rescue, they came to participate in the whipping.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Well that could be true…he could have also done something stupid again during one of his tantrums.

Pretty sure that Joel Miller later decided in life that it wasn’t that stupid (and he isn’t changing his mind now), Brett moved on to greener pastures and the number of people that would have cared about him doing something that every other person that has played any sport has had done to them would be measured in the tens of people, most of whom do not even watch sports. The reason people still clutch their pearls and act like they gave a single **** about slapgate is because of how embarrassingly wrong they were about the brighter future CJL was holding us back from. I’m actually embarrassed for them but I’m sure it will all be worth it next season… or maybe the next one. At some point it has to be right, doesn’t it?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Friscobull said:

I am not saying it was perfect but I would take a paddle at school way before I would take it at home, back then the parents did come to the rescue, they came to participate in the whipping.

For sure. I would told my parents that a teacher slapped my hand with the back of paddle once and they were like “so, what do you want from us?” 😂😂

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Pretty sure that Joel Miller later decided in life that it wasn’t that stupid (and he isn’t changing his mind now), Brett moved on to greener pastures and the number of people that would have cared about him doing something that every other person that has played any sport has had done to them would be measured in the tens of people, most of whom do not even watch sports. The reason people still clutch their pearls and act like they gave a single **** about slapgate is because of how embarrassingly wrong they were about the brighter future CJL was holding us back from. I’m actually embarrassed for them but I’m sure it will all be worth it next season… or maybe the next one. At some point it has to be right, doesn’t it?

Hey, I am not arguing the case at all. Yeah, it could have all been BS for all I know. But a HC should know not to put themselves in that situation or try to control in the investigation. He knew Brett was looking as well. Why not just make peace? Did CJL not have it in him? 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hey, I am not arguing the case at all. Yeah, it could have all been BS for all I know. But a HC should know not to put themselves in that situation or try to control in the investigation. He knew Brett was looking as well. Why not just make peace? Did CJL not have it in him? 

Same reason Bobby got canceled, the HR world and PC entered the athletic programs and he was unable to navigate these troubled waters. 

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Same reason Bobby got canceled, the HR world and PC entered the athletic programs and he was unable to navigate these troubled waters. 

Good point 

Good point 

The irony is I hated these coaches growing up, but grew to respect and appreciate them as I got older, I am officially an old bastard 😀

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You don’t negotiate with terrorists that have picked a conclusion and found an investigation to try to reach it on. Some boosters had decided it was time to move on from the plateau and one way or another CJL was leaving. You may as will die fighting and get your pay out because peace is but a mirage. I think it’s funny that people try to argue that he hasn’t done something since he has left you would think jobs at Oregon, the Niners, FSU etc and being a DC at multiple stops is a whole hell of a lot closer to head coach at USF (especially at this point) than we have come to getting back to that horrible plateauWar Shockwave GIF