• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Don't think non USF affiliated Tampa residents will care about USF football unless we're ranked

Edited by bulloni
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

In the entertainment business, the product comes first. Never heard a band say, you're going to keep getting our ****** music until you start buying albums and showing up, then we'll give you the good stuff.

Maybe we are going with an Onlyfans business model? I remember vividly the CEO of ValueJet saying "as soon as people start paying higher fares and filling our flights we intend to use that money to invest in no longer flying into the Everglades", I think they folded the next week. If there was something this group of people knew would lead to greater success they would be using the ~$20 million dollar runway they have from student fees to start heading that direction and organically gain fans and donations. Unfortunately the money cannot be used to by another athletic program so I have my doubts that any additional dollars would actually lead to any tangible results. If someone gave $50 million dollars tomorrow what specific thing would the money be spent on that would lead to guaranteed results? If there is such a thing then great use your current $50 million dollar budget and get started because at our current return on investment it would take a draw dropping $750 million dollars a year to get to undefeated and even Texas would find that expense absurd. You are the VP of Athletics for a football team coming of a 1 win season that just followed a 4 win season, you really ought to be happy anyone is still giving you anything and not chastening the people that you hope to court as customers. Give them a reason to want to invest, do your job. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe we are going with an Onlyfans business model? I remember vividly the CEO of ValueJet saying "as soon as people start paying higher fares and filling our flights we intend to use that money to invest in no longer flying into the Everglades", I think they folded the next week. If there was something this group of people knew would lead to greater success they would be using the ~$20 million dollar runway they have from student fees to start heading that direction and organically gain fans and donations. Unfortunately the money cannot be used to by another athletic program so I have my doubts that any additional dollars would actually lead to any tangible results. If someone gave $50 million dollars tomorrow what specific thing would the money be spent on that would lead to guaranteed results? If there is such a thing then great use your current $50 million dollar budget and get started because at our current return on investment it would take a draw dropping $750 million dollars a year to get to undefeated and even Texas would find that expense absurd. You are the VP of Athletics for a football team coming of a 1 win season that just followed a 4 win season, you really ought to be happy anyone is still giving you anything and not chastening the people that you hope to court as customers. Give them a reason to want to invest, do your job. 

There's an empty corner lot down the road from my house. As soon as people start showing up in huge numbers and leaving cash behind, McDonald's is planning on putting in a store. But, there's got to be a commitment from the customers, first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Let's use the $50 million to hire a consulting firm to perform a feasibility study to find out what would make casual Tampa fans start coming out to games and filling the stadium.  I don't own a consulting firm, but I will gladly fill out the paperwork to start one so I can bid on this feasibility study project.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Let's use the $50 million to hire a consulting firm to perform a feasibility study to find out what would make casual Tampa fans start coming out to games and filling the stadium.  I don't own a consulting firm, but I will gladly fill out the paperwork to start one so I can bid on this feasibility study project.  

Can’t we just use some grad students for some of these feasibility studies?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

There's an empty corner lot down the road from my house. As soon as people start showing up in huge numbers and leaving cash behind, McDonald's is planning on putting in a store. But, there's got to be a commitment from the customers, first. 

We are going to revolutionize the business world, entrepreneur-  a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so. People that took risks were so dumb when all they had to do was have the customer take on that burden in order to enrich them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We are going to revolutionize the business world, entrepreneur-  a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so. People that took risks were so dumb when all they had to do was have the customer take on that burden in order to enrich them. 

AE2ED613-3E27-487C-9514-F3CF95434A06.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

This thread is, not surprisingly, pretty depressing .....

#USF Athletics will be as successful as it’s fans want it to be.” ..... and it has been.