• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

The MK bashing has pretty much reached exceedingly stupid levels, even for here. The him "blaming the fans" rhetoric is a ******* joke. This is from the article that I guess started all this:

Kelly made it clear that he and the rest of the Bulls are grateful for the support they have. They just need more. He was reminded of that recently when he stumbled upon a historical quote as USF prepares for its 25th football season: USF athletics will be as successful as its fans want it to be.

“That’s pretty striking, when you really want to think about it…” Kelly said. “It’s going to continue to take all of Bulls Nation to continue to be as great as we want to be.”

He's basically talking about USF Athletics in general, and about going forward, not blame for the past. Bottom line, college athletics is a collaborative effort between the school and donor base and you're not going to get to and, more importantly, sustain the success across the board we want with the donor level we're at now period

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

As I've said in the recent past, we are adding Iron Bulls all the time. It isn't like he is just begging and not working to make it happen. He and the Bulls Club people are out there trying to raise funds and having some success. Speaking of success I was talking with some friends who are NC State fans. Told them how it seems their teams are doing well in many sports. Surprisingly the told me how they've noticed how well USF is going. The Athletic program has had a great year. Hopefully football will catch up.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

The Athletic program has had a great year. Hopefully football will catch up.

And basketball, basically the straws that mix the entire drink.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

As I've said in the recent past, we are adding Iron Bulls all the time. It isn't like he is just begging and not working to make it happen. He and the Bulls Club people are out there trying to raise funds and having some success. Speaking of success I was talking with some friends who are NC State fans. Told them how it seems their teams are doing well in many sports. Surprisingly the told me how they've noticed how well USF is going. The Athletic program has had a great year. Hopefully football will catch up.

All the more reason to celebrate the undue support you are receiving from the community in the face of constant failure 

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

All the more reason to celebrate the undue support you are receiving from the community in the face of constant failure 

Undue? Any charity gift is undue. The pro teams aren't a charity. USF has produced a few hundred + thousand grads. Hoping for some support from them isn't outrageous. 6 conference champions this year. If winning makes it due we've done that this year. I know you only care about football but one could argue we're doing okay overall in athletics.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Undue? Any charity gift is undue. The pro teams aren't a charity. USF has produced a few hundred + thousand grads. Hoping for some support from them isn't outrageous. 6 conference champions this year. If winning makes it due we've done that this year. I know you only care about football but one could argue we're doing okay overall in athletics.

Once again there are really only 2 sports that matter and we were below .500 in one and basically winless in the other.  This is not okay in my book, not sure what the future holds but hopefully it is better than this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

we had a successful year in athletics. We are moving in a better direction in our sports programs. If we build on this success it should give lots of folks reasons to cheer and more importantly show up

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Once again there are really only 2 sports that matter and we were below .500 in one and basically winless in the other.  This is not okay in my book, not sure what the future holds but hopefully it is better than this.

Pretty sure the fans and student athletes that made it to the NCAAs in WBB, baseball, golf and the others might disagree with you. I get what you're saying revenue wise but it is the Athletic Dept, not the football dept. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure the fans and student athletes that made it to the NCAAs in WBB, baseball, golf and the others might disagree with you. I get what you're saying revenue wise but it is the Athletic Dept, not the football dept. 

I have no idea why there is even a golf team, I am sure you could count the number of fans on one hand. I am pretty sure the AD is rated mainly on these two sports, without them  the rest would fail to exist.  I am not even unhappy with MK’s performance right now, if CJS does not pan out then we will be calling for his head regardless of how many golf trophies we accumulate.  

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, JTrue said:

When was the last time you put USF football on your resume, because I don't think Kelly was referring to my financial contributions to the College of Arts and Sciences.

Can't fix this one, ma...