• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Doesn’t matter.  We still don’t know. 

I agree, it doesn't matter. I don't like what happened with him, xCJL, etc. and I didn't like reading about where his life had gone afterwards. And I'd be disgusted if any of our media spent even a minute trying to dig up his cause of death just for some clickbait.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Just another thought, to take this back to topic, it's hard to count on allegiance from fans.  I would say at one point I was a "superfan" with all the spoils and criticism.  I was a "green and gold goggles" guy.  My name on this board (before it was cool) was "Bulliever".  I have donated dollars to USF for at least 28 years I think.  Began donating not too long after graduating.  I have paid for 8-10 season tickets for football most years.  

But times change.  Now I have two adult sons.  Both attend different universities that introduce me to what top caliber programs do to compete.  Add to that, the local pro teams out here, especially the Cardinals and Suns.  On top of that, my oldest, born at the corner of BBD and Fletcher is a huge Tampa Bay fan (including the Bulls) and we watch the Bucs, Rays and Lightning (easier than ever).  There is a lot competing for the dollars and the screen time, or attendance time if you are local.

You have to perform to expect anyone to care.  It is not a given.  And when you are at rock bottom it's a hell of a tote to get back to relevance.

USF made this bed, now change the sleeping arrangements.  This is not on the fans.

As I recall, 49,212 responded game one.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I agree, it doesn't matter. I don't like what happened with him, xCJL, etc. and I didn't like reading about where his life had gone afterwards. And I'd be disgusted if any of our media spent even a minute trying to dig up his cause of death just for some clickbait.

His manner of death does matter.  He was a troubled kid, we all know that.  Likely he was easily manipulated by Brett and others.  History reflects him saying nothing happened, then something happened. The fact we don't know doesn't matter.  It doesn't change things.  The damage was done.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Brad said:

Just another thought, to take this back to topic, it's hard to count on allegiance from fans.  I would say at one point I was a "superfan" with all the spoils and criticism.  I was a "green and gold goggles" guy.  My name on this board (before it was cool) was "Bulliever".  I have donated dollars to USF for at least 28 years I think.  Began donating not too long after graduating.  I have paid for 8-10 season tickets for football most years.  

But times change.  Now I have two adult sons.  Both attend different universities that introduce me to what top caliber programs do to compete.  Add to that, the local pro teams out here, especially the Cardinals and Suns.  On top of that, my oldest, born at the corner of BBD and Fletcher is a huge Tampa Bay fan (including the Bulls) and we watch the Bucs, Rays and Lightning (easier than ever).  There is a lot competing for the dollars and the screen time, or attendance time if you are local.

You have to perform to expect anyone to care.  It is not a given.  And when you are at rock bottom it's a hell of a tote to get back to relevance.

USF made this bed, now change the sleeping arrangements.  This is not on the fans.

Watching the Lightning and Rays is infinitely easier when you don't live in Tampa. I have Verizon, not sure if you've kept up with Tampa TV out there, but we got screwed out of both of their local games this season. I have the MLB package and I still can't watch Rays games. My little guy is a Cincinnati Reds fan. What the hell is that? I've been a Cubs fan since birth and we live in Tampa.

Just now, JTrue said:

Watching the Lightning and Rays is infinitely easier when you don't live in Tampa. I have Verizon, not sure if you've kept up with Tampa TV out there, but we got screwed out of both of their local games this season. I have the MLB package and I still can't watch Rays games. My little guy is a Cincinnati Reds fan. What the hell is that? I've been a Cubs fan since birth and we live in Tampa.

Haha... one benefit out here in this godforsaken hellhole (We were 118 degrees last week) is the Rays games are out of market.  I get every one.  😀

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, Brad said:

From a Pro perspective, you got the best of both worlds right now (sounds like you are a fan of both TB and Phoenix).  The Suns look like the real deal, and look to me to be the best team left.  I think they win the whole thing.  And now you got the Lightning in the Finals again.  Fun times for you!

USF has to be able to keep up in this market place.  Its a tough sell to ask the Fans to support a losing College product when there is so much else going on here.  Its Put Up or Shut Up time for this program.  The fans will follow if there is a winning exciting product and a chance to play in Big games.  I think they will.  I like the direction of both the Football and Basketball teams under these Coaches.  I really do.  But they got to show it, and the marginal bandwagon fans will show up, and maybe become fans for life.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

From a Pro perspective, you got the best of both worlds right now (sounds like you are a fan of both TB and Phoenix).  The Suns look like the real deal, and look to me to be the best team left.  I think they win the whole thing.  And now you got the Lightning in the Finals again.  Fun times for you!

USF has to be able to keep up in this market place.  Its a tough sell to ask the Fans to support a losing College product when there is so much else going on here.  Its Put Up or Shut Up time for this program.  The fans will follow if there is a winning exciting product and a chance to play in Big games.  I think they will.  I like the direction of both the Football and Basketball teams under these Coaches.  I really do.  But they got to show it, and the marginal bandwagon fans will show up, and maybe become fans for life.

You do realize both of their current directions is downward, right? That’s what makes this current call to action so bizarre. Most people wait until they can sell that they are on the right path and to jump on the bandwagon before it’s too late because to ask people to get on this bus is a tough sell430CF70F-C344-438F-8FB4-A8CD566F16CC.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

Couple of suggestions for watching. If you have MLB, try using a VPN so they think you are out of the area when you log on.  OR, use sportsurge.net.  Someone on the pen put us on to that a year or so ago and I use it often.  F'n hate Verizon (now Frontier) for dropping those channels but also don't understand how the Rays and Lightning are making any revenue. Seems like a Catch 22 deal.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

You do realize both of their current directions is downward, right? That’s what makes this current call to action so bizarre. Most people wait until they can sell that they are on the right path and to jump on the bandwagon before it’s too late because to ask people to get on this bus is a tough sell430CF70F-C344-438F-8FB4-A8CD566F16CC.gif

I think Mr. Kelly used a helicopter to retrieve the wreckage. The money we received from the scrap metal will be put told the IPF

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I think Mr. Kelly used a helicopter to retrieve the wreckage. The money we received from the scrap metal will be put told the IPF

The good news is he was at a Rays game the other day so I’m sure he picked up some pointers on how to out draw, out spend, have better facilities and greater support than your competitors. Could you imagine how much that 6 game lead on the Yankees would shrink if NY fans ever got on board with their team like the Tampa fans? Imagine if Yankee stadium were the palace that is Tropicana Field or if they could spend their way to success the way that the Rays have. Thank G-d all that groundswell of support was able to beat out NY and therefore manufacture wins before they could catch up…