• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

39 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I guess we can settle for a Co-OC that didn't call plays .... lol, gotta love this board.   My post wasn't to besmudge our current coach or our team, but simply in response to someone else's ill informed post.   But if you are comparing Jeff Scott to Gus Malzahn in terms of resume ... good luck.  Of course I hope he goes 0 and forever in his new gig

Wasn't following along with the reason for your post.  I'm sure if we had hired a Malzahn type and he won one game his first year we'd be in the same place on this board as we are now.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

13 hours ago, puc86 said:

I would love to know how the take is wrong? College football is minor league NFL and if they have requirements to keep you on scholarship or help you find a new better fit if they need the space why can’t fans have requirements for their charity?

Minor league NFL ….. so which team is helping to subsidize USF football? This is a dumb reach even for you. 

And the charity part of the charity/sports entertainment package is that you’re helping to fund a college education for a lot of student athletes who probably wouldn’t get one otherwise. If someone wants to withhold donations because they don’t think USF Athletics is doing a good job in that regard, I can understand but don’t agree with it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Charlie Strong (entering USF): averaged 7 wins a year over 7 years, was a coordinator for 2 national championships. After getting hired fans of the old team warned against him, but fans of the new team thought he'd be a good fit at the G5 level. Especially with recruiting.

Guz Malzhan: averaged 8 wins a year over 9 years, was a coordinator for 1 national championship. After getting hired fans of the old team warned against him, but fans of the new team thought he'd be a good fit at the G5 level. Especially with recruiting.

Lets hope history repeats itself

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Minor league NFL ….. so which team is helping to subsidize USF football? This is a dumb reach even for you. 

And the charity part of the charity/sports entertainment package is that you’re helping to fund a college education for a lot of student athletes who probably wouldn’t get one otherwise. If someone wants to withhold donations because they don’t think USF Athletics is doing a good job in that regard, I can understand but don’t agree with it.

Yes minor league NFL, have you ever wondered why the most popular sport in America has the most failed attempts at creating a league below it? It’s because that league already exists and is called college football.
Not all minor league teams are subsidized by a parent but the subsidy in this instance is athletes it requires do not enter into the league until they have a passed time that almost requires they go to a school. One which does not care if they graduate as long as they perform well enough to make their stay worth having had offered them a scholarship and if they ever feel the athlete no longer serves their athletic needs they can pull their scholarship no matter what their academics look like.
You can call that whatever you would like but it’s pretty offensive to call it charity, especially when every person working for that charity is taking the lions share of the contributions. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

55 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Charlie Strong (entering USF): averaged 7 wins a year over 7 years, was a coordinator for 2 national championships. After getting hired fans of the old team warned against him, but fans of the new team thought he'd be a good fit at the G5 level. Especially with recruiting.

Guz Malzhan: averaged 8 wins a year over 9 years, was a coordinator for 1 national championship. After getting hired fans of the old team warned against him, but fans of the new team thought he'd be a good fit at the G5 level. Especially with recruiting.

Lets hope history repeats itself

(censored, needless attack) Charlie Strong won 6, 5, and 5 games at Texas and never was above .500 in a much weaker conference.  He was also a defensive coordinator who took over (and destroyed) an offensive built program.   I'm not wishing Malzahn any success,           WARNED

16 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

(censored, needless attack) Charlie Strong won 6, 5, and 5 games at Texas and never was above .500 in a much weaker conference.  He was also a defensive coordinator who took over (and destroyed) an offensive built program.   I'm not wishing Malzahn any success,     WARNED

Mike Pence Meanie GIF by Election 2016

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

(censored, needless attack) Charlie Strong won 6, 5, and 5 games at Texas and never was above .500 in a much weaker conference.  He was also a defensive coordinator who took over (and destroyed) an offensive built program.   I'm not wishing Malzahn any success,           WARNED

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Mike Pence Meanie GIF by Election 2016

Oh lawdy, lawdy

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Oh lawdy, lawdy

Did you change it to that or was it moderated? I don’t mind being needlessly attacked as there is no bad publicity and most of it isn’t from lack of effort 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Did you change it to that or was it moderated? I don’t mind being needlessly attacked as there is no bad publicity and most of it isn’t from lack of effort 

moderated and I wasn't attacking anyone

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

moderated and I wasn't attacking anyone

I felt attacked that you could consider anyone can make a serviceable attempt at being me