• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, puc86 said:

I felt attacked that you could consider anyone can make a serviceable attempt at being me

I could see where that would be offensive.  I apologize.

*Note --  I just saw the email.  Apparently, this vicious attack has warranted a point (not sure what that means) and a warning that I will receive a "short term" ban for my next abusive offense.    I guess it is time to review the TOS agreement and probably my usage of my time.  Thanks

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

16 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I could see where that would be offensive.  I apologize.

*Note --  I just saw the email.  Apparently, this vicious attack has warranted a point (not sure what that means) and a warning that I will receive a "short term" ban for my next abusive offense.    I guess it is time to review the TOS agreement and probably my usage of my time.  Thanks

Just from my point of you. You seem to be a bit more edgy recently with your posts recently. I know you, kind of, and have no personal beef but reading some of your posts I can see where some could be offended. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Yes minor league NFL, have you ever wondered why the most popular sport in America has the most failed attempts at creating a league below it? It’s because that league already exists and is called college football.
Not all minor league teams are subsidized by a parent but the subsidy in this instance is athletes it requires do not enter into the league until they have a passed time that almost requires they go to a school. One which does not care if they graduate as long as they perform well enough to make their stay worth having had offered them a scholarship and if they ever feel the athlete no longer serves their athletic needs they can pull their scholarship no matter what their academics look like.
You can call that whatever you would like but it’s pretty offensive to call it charity, especially when every person working for that charity is taking the lions share of the contributions. 

DISCLAIMER: Did not read the post because I’m pretty confident it was just more of the same old same old. What I wanted to ask was, since it’s obvious you love the written word to the point of abusing it, why aren’t you some sort of author? Seriously, you really do have a way with words and you should be **** good at it  ……… especially fiction. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

DISCLAIMER: Did not read the post because I’m pretty confident it was just more of the same old same old. What I wanted to ask was, since it’s obvious you love the written word to the point of abusing it, why aren’t you some sort of author? Seriously, you really do have a way with words and you should be **** good at it  ……… especially fiction. 

1) anything you do for a job instantly stops being enjoyable watch people playing golf for a living, do they look like they are having fun?

2) I hate literary constraints and most people would not like a two thousand page book that has one paragraph consisting of 5 or 6 sentences 

3) I lose interest really quickly and focusing on one thing for a very long time with no immediate payoff sounds really hard 

I think if I had to do it I would prefer speech writing, editorial writing or punching up jokes but there really is nothing I am good at creating on my own from scratch and I am better at fixing what’s broken, making improvements or reverse engineering what someone else did. So if someone said write whatever you feel like I would come up with nothing but if they said write about this and make it sound like this or take this and make it better I think I could probably manage that. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

(censored, needless attack) Charlie Strong won 6, 5, and 5 games at Texas and never was above .500 in a much weaker conference.  He was also a defensive coordinator who took over (and destroyed) an offensive built program.   I'm not wishing Malzahn any success,           WARNED

fair points, Gus definitely is no Charlie. might have been a little wishful thinking on my part. There's no perfect comparison but i'm only going to give merit to the ones that would end badly for UCF. 

Tommy Tuberville: would average around 8-9 wins a year at Auburn and had a few great seasons sprinkled in there.

Came to an AAC team that had their best coach in school history leave after their best season in school history 4 years ago. Then the most recent coach was still good but definitely a notch below and left for Tennessee. 

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:

fair points, Gus definitely is no Charlie. might have been a little wishful thinking on my part. There's no perfect comparison but i'm only going to give merit to the ones that would end badly for UCF. 

Tommy Tuberville: would average around 8-9 wins a year at Auburn and had a few great seasons sprinkled in there.

Came to an AAC team that had their best coach in school history leave after their best season in school history 4 years ago. Then the most recent coach was still good but definitely a notch below and left for Tennessee. 

I dont know how he will do and I hope it isnt good, but facts are facts

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just from my point of you. You seem to be a bit more edgy recently with your posts recently. I know you, kind of, and have no personal beef but reading some of your posts I can see where some could be offended. 

Fair enough CR.   Duly noted.  Ripping our fan base and attendance can be a touchy subject with me

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

1) anything you do for a job instantly stops being enjoyable watch people playing golf for a living, do they look like they are having fun?

2) I hate literary constraints and most people would not like a two thousand page book that has one paragraph consisting of 5 or 6 sentences 

3) I lose interest really quickly and focusing on one thing for a very long time with no immediate payoff sounds really hard 

I think if I had to do it I would prefer speech writing, editorial writing or punching up jokes but there really is nothing I am good at creating on my own from scratch and I am better at fixing what’s broken, making improvements or reverse engineering what someone else did. So if someone said write whatever you feel like I would come up with nothing but if they said write about this and make it sound like this or take this and make it better I think I could probably manage that. 

1) You've never played golf with me. Wish I was having fun.

2) You are correct that is why most of us don't read your posts. 

3) You've never lost interest in CJL

But you do provide entertainment at times. I've always marveled at your ability to argue either side of an argument.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

1) You've never played golf with me. Wish I was having fun.

2) You are correct that is why most of us don't read your posts. 

3) You've never lost interest in CJL

But you do provide entertainment at times. I've always marveled at your ability to argue either side of an argument.

I disagree with that…

Just now, chapelbull said:

Fair enough CR.   Duly noted.  Ripping our fan base and attendance can be a touchy subject with me

I get you.  We all need to remember not to get personal on here.  I know guys on here from totally different ends of the posting spectrum but all are great guys. 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I disagree with that…

Which do you disagree with?  Or you disagree that you can argue either side of a discussion?