• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Undue? Any charity gift is undue. The pro teams aren't a charity. USF has produced a few hundred + thousand grads. Hoping for some support from them isn't outrageous. 6 conference champions this year. If winning makes it due we've done that this year. I know you only care about football but one could argue we're doing okay overall in athletics.

Yes undue. This isn’t a real charity it’s sports entertainment. If you are playing football as your charitable contribution to the community people are going to be a little less understanding of it than if you haven’t quite cured cancer or fed every child. In those things you have an actual value to the community here if you are adding more grief to people’s lives and further embarrassing the university we probably wouldn’t be any less served from a contribution standpoint  if you simply stopped pretending and just went away. Every single year the NCAA takes steps away from the charade that there really is much of a line between pro and college sports and we can hopefully at some point stop our lies that this has anything to do with academics (which the university  has plenty of actual scholarships for). Every single pro and college team has their attendance impacted by their win percentage and if MK doesn’t like that he should solve it like most of them do, by actually trying to win some games. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes undue. This isn’t a real charity it’s sports entertainment. If you are playing football as your charitable contribution to the community people are going to be a little less understanding of it than if you haven’t quite cured cancer or fed every child. In those things you have an actual value to the community here if you are adding more grief to people’s lives and further embarrassing the university we probably wouldn’t be any less served from a contribution standpoint  if you simply stopped pretending and just went away. Every single year the NCAA takes steps away from the charade that there really is much of a line between pro and college sports and we can hopefully at some point stop our lies that this has anything to do with academics (which the university  has plenty of actual scholarships for). Every single pro and college team has their attendance impacted by their win percentage and if MK doesn’t like that he should solve it like most of them do, by actually trying to win some games. 

Other than seat donations I get a tax write off so it is a donation.

And, again, Kelly's hire is one Covid year into his tenure but f Kelly for wanting more fan support. I can't wait to have a Scotch with you someday. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Other than seat donations I get a tax write off so it is a donation.

And, again, Kelly's hire is one Covid year into his tenure but f Kelly for wanting more fan support. I can't wait to have a Scotch with you someday. 

I did try to meet up with you once when I realized we were in boxes that were pretty close to each other but I’m sure I am missing out more so than you are. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

I did try to meet up with you once when I realized we were in boxes that were pretty close to each other but I’m sure I am missing out more so than you are. 

I can't remember what people look like so it is hard for me to come over. I'm not sure we've met.

Guest Jonesy Bull

I'll just say this about the Attendance topic, which is a favorite bashing topic on this board.....Ever since we were relegated from BCS to G5 and playing against lower level competition with really no hope of ever playing for a national championship (yes we had a path in the Big East), the Attendance was going to take a nose dive no matter how good of team or how flashy a QF type player came along.  NOW, with the changes in the Playoff system, if we are really good, there are no excuses for the Attendance thing, especially if we continue to schedule big OOC games.

Getting back to the Article, I will go out on a limb and say that we go 6-6 this year with a low level Bowl game.  The following year we build off of that and really begin to take off.....I think we will finally find a real QB out of this new crop to develop, and some real playmakers on Offense.  The Defense will automatically be better just with a more veteran presence and some new comers that should help.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

29 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'll just say this about the Attendance topic, which is a favorite bashing topic on this board.....Ever since we were relegated from BCS to G5 and playing against lower level competition with really no hope of ever playing for a national championship (yes we had a path in the Big East), the Attendance was going to take a nose dive no matter how good of team or how flashy a QF type player came along.  NOW, with the changes in the Playoff system, if we are really good, there are no excuses for the Attendance thing, especially if we continue to schedule big OOC games.

Getting back to the Article, I will go out on a limb and say that we go 6-6 this year with a low level Bowl game.  The following year we build off of that and really begin to take off.....I think we will finally find a real QB out of this new crop to develop, and some real playmakers on Offense.  The Defense will automatically be better just with a more veteran presence and some new comers that should help.  

the things i'd do for 6-6...

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

41 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

11 minutes ago, bulloni said:

the things i'd do for 6-6...

My goal/hope/wish... for this season is to want to stay in my seat for the whole game. For 20+ years I would never leave early, but the last few years have been so bad that I've left after the 1st series after half time in some games.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I can't remember what people look like so it is hard for me to come over. I'm not sure we've met.

It's not your memory, we have not met. I just tried to see if you wanted to meet in the common area of the club during a game we were getting blown out when from pictures posted at the game there was  realization that we were in the same general area. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Any word on how many season tickets we have sold so far? Saw UCF tweeted out a week ago that they've sold 24,446 season tickets so far:

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf will get the fans in droves if they consistently win

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

great point

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2