• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly speaking some truth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Consider he went .625 in building the program from nothing to BCS while everyone else that has tried the job has gone .473 while tearing down the program he built from scratch (it’s only that close because the guy that just got fired had the only other winning record) that’s a pretty hot take. It made more sense when people get that way 5 coaches ago than it does after seeing what a sampling of coaches would actually do here, they were wrong and it’s really not even disputable at this point. For some perspective all CJS has to do to reach the leader in the clubhouse is go 14-0 this coming season and if you want to let him take an organic approach of winning one more game and losing one less game a year we are a short 14 years from him catching him when we go 14-0. IDK but given what you would expect a coach to do here that seems pretty above average to me and really only made sense as an argument when you had no other data.

Well now we have been challenging rather regularly, not for championships obviously just challenging 

Since you are jumping ship on USF football, I assume you are an SMU fan now? All the Leavitt lovers really do need to transfer their allegiance to the Mustangs and their mediocre DC

• Downvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You don’t negotiate with terrorists that have picked a conclusion and found an investigation to try to reach it on. Some boosters had decided it was time to move on from the plateau and one way or another CJL was leaving. You may as will die fighting and get your pay out because peace is but a mirage. I think it’s funny that people try to argue that he hasn’t done something since he has left you would think jobs at Oregon, the Niners, FSU etc and being a DC at multiple stops is a whole hell of a lot closer to head coach at USF (especially at this point) than we have come to getting back to that horrible plateauWar Shockwave GIF

I guess it’s possible but I don't believe he committed career suicide (trying to influence the investigation) to prove a point. Yes, he has done well as an assistant but I bet you he would trade all of that for a HC position. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess it’s possible but I don't believe he committed career suicide to prove a point. Yes, he has done well as an assistant but I bet you he would trade all of that for a HC position. 

He is an assistant because he is not good enough to be a head coach 

• Haha 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Since you are jumping ship on USF football, I assume you are an SMU fan now? All the Leavitt lovers really do need to transfer their allegiance to the Mustangs and their mediocre DC

Never once said I was changing my team or leaving the board, just that I’m not too sure giving money to someone that’s only plan for success is to blame people for not giving them enough money is something I would like to do. It’s my life experience that people that fail miserably with x dollars and do not create a path towards improvement in their current state will only fail more spectacularly with 3x, 10x, 100x dollars.   A successful operation finds improvements with what they have and creates an organic path to growth and money. Give me more money and I will miracle my way to success just rings a bit hollow to me and I would like to know what each dollar will specifically be spent on and exactly how many wins each of those wins is expected to garner as I have a hard time believing we will shake out another $50 million and that’s currently the budget of a single FCS win.

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

He is an assistant because he is not good enough to be a head coach 

I can think of at least 4 current head coaches that he seemed to do better than in the most comparable of all circumstances but sure let’s go with that. When the Raiders’ current coach was doing commentary was it simply because he wasn’t as good as the 32 other coaches that were head coaches each year for the greater part of a decade? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I can think of at least 4 current head coaches that he seemed to do better than in the most comparable of all circumstances but sure let’s go with that. When the Raiders’ current coach was doing commentary was it simply because he wasn’t as good as the 32 other coaches that were head coaches each year for the greater part of a decade? 

Jon gave us the SB, Dungy is and will always be a dried up turd, his offense was offensive, Clyde C. Can kiss my ass, 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

44 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am not saying it was perfect but I would take a paddle at school way before I would take it at home, back then the parents did come to the rescue, they came to participate in the whipping.

I was always very respectful and on task at school because I knew what would happen if my dad got a phone call from the school. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Friscobull said:

Jon gave us the SB, Dungy is and will always be a dried up turd, his offense was offensive, Clyde C. Can kiss my ass, 

He didn’t give me **** and I’m politely indifferent to him but to pretend that head coaching is a meritocracy where only the best have the positions and those that don’t are worse is at best naive 

• Upvote 1

I’ll break it down more simply if I was in an administration where he didn’t give birth to my program would I want to deal with CJL’s ****? Probably not but that head coaches decide to put him in charge of their defense, repeatedly, probably speaks more to his coaching abilities than decisions by non football people usually driven by non football reasons 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He didn’t give me **** and I’m politely indifferent to him but to pretend that head coaching is a meritocracy where only the best have the positions and those that don’t are worse is at best naive 

I was a part of champa bay before it was hip, in the 90’s it was ass wipe bay, we got better fortunately