• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure that was one of the spots on that proposal.  

If only there was an image of the stadium superimposed on that spot...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

If only there was an image of the stadium superimposed on that spot...

I think a pic of the Orange Bowl would do nicely ....

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

6 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Is that big enough?

I remember from the study USF had done that there are 34 acres available on that site

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

If only some wise ass would repost the pic for anyone that doesn't remember it specifically.   I guess I am picturing a different area or just picturing it differently.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,989
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Papa John’s

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Papa John’s

I dream big ....

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

Late to the party. I would rather them not develop the nature preserve to the north of campus for anything. It’s a good research/teaching tool, and the fact that indigenous people are buried there. We don’t need anymore bad juju 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I want to post some updates....

UCF moving up, has shaken the University to the absolute core. Will Weatherford, who is basically positioning to be the next Governer of Florida to take Desantis's place, wants USF to have an on-campus stadium

USF currently has 4 years left on it's lease at Raymond James. They do not, and most likely will not renew their lease with Raymond James. They want to have the OCS built in 4 years.

Also, Judy Genshaft was NOT an University Athletics supporter. Many athletics departments, not just football, couldn't stand Judy. All she wanted was her research endowment fund (which I was told is approaching 700+ million dollars)... she could care less about athletics

Will Weatherford, will not make that same mistake twice, in regards to having a University President who doesn't care about athletics. The interim president Steven Currall, will most likely be gone in a year or two. The next president, will be brought in and be 100% pro-athletics and pro-football

In regards to the location of the OCS, it's going to be close to the current athletics center near the baseball fields. They don't want the football players to leave the locker room, and have to travel across the campus or off the campus. So we can expect the new OCS to be as close to the IPF and Athletics center as possible

The tone has drastically changed, with UCF moving up. It was a major embarassment for the university, and Weatherford will make the OCS happen.

4 years... USF has 4 years remaining on the Raymond James lease. Weatherford absolutely 100% does not want to renew.

In regards to the future... USF is already eyeing a new conference... a conference that has no representation in Florida whatsoever. Maybe Big 10? Pac-12?

The tone has definitely changed, after being humiliated by UCF moving up....

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

I want to post some updates....

UCF moving up, has shaken the University to the absolute core. Will Weatherford, who is basically positioning to be the next Governer of Florida to take Desantis's place, wants USF to have an on-campus stadium

USF currently has 4 years left on it's lease at Raymond James. They do not, and most likely will not renew their lease with Raymond James. They want to have the OCS built in 4 years.

Also, Judy Genshaft was NOT an University Athletics supporter. Many athletics departments, not just football, couldn't stand Judy. All she wanted was her research endowment fund (which I was told is approaching 700+ million dollars)... she could care less about athletics

Will Weatherford, will not make that same mistake twice, in regards to having a University President who doesn't care about athletics. The interim president Steven Currall, will most likely be gone in a year or two. The next president, will be brought in and be 100% pro-athletics and pro-football

In regards to the location of the OCS, it's going to be close to the current athletics center near the baseball fields. They don't want the football players to leave the locker room, and have to travel across the campus or off the campus. So we can expect the new OCS to be as close to the IPF and Athletics center as possible

The tone has drastically changed, with UCF moving up. It was a major embarassment for the university, and Weatherford will make the OCS happen.

4 years... USF has 4 years remaining on the Raymond James lease. Weatherford absolutely 100% does not want to renew.

In regards to the future... USF is already eyeing a new conference... a conference that has no representation in Florida whatsoever. Maybe Big 10? Pac-12?

The tone has definitely changed, after being humiliated by UCF moving up....

Well alright then…🤘

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Just curious, why does Will Weatherford care about USF's football team?  I know he's on the BOT.  It isn't like he's a graduate of the school, at least I don't believe he is.  Thought his family was all about FSU.