• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 12/11/2021 at 11:12 AM, 79 Bull said:

Hey mods, why not merge this thread with the other 3 or 4 OCS threads into one OCS Facts, Rumors, Ideas and Funding thread?  I predict it will surpass the Realignment thread and hit 3,000 posts in the next 24 months.

GO BULLS! 

Who broke Assianti Woulard's foot? 🤣🤣

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 3/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, MikePhillips said:

For those who might remember, my post on Feb 8th that called EXACTLY what happened in regards to the Indoor Practice Facility-

The same source confirmed to me that USF will NEVER have an on-campus Football Stadium.

Why?

State Subsidies is what he said

State Subsidies, which are given based on how old your university is, is why USF won't ever have an on-campus stadium. We don't get nearly enough of State Subsidies to pay for the on campus stadium.

Also, with the Super Bowl being hosted in Tampa just recently, the USF logic is "Why would we build our own stadium, when the Superbowl was just hosted in the same stadium USF plays at.... how many college football programs can say they play their home games, in the same place that just hosted the Superbowl?"

He confirmed (just like he confirmed the time and location with the IPF) that it's absolutely never going to happen for USF.

savy politicians can get around this easily