• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

For those who might remember, my post on Feb 8th that called EXACTLY what happened in regards to the Indoor Practice Facility-

The same source confirmed to me that USF will NEVER have an on-campus Football Stadium.

Why?

State Subsidies is what he said

State Subsidies, which are given based on how old your university is, is why USF won't ever have an on-campus stadium. We don't get nearly enough of State Subsidies to pay for the on campus stadium.

Also, with the Super Bowl being hosted in Tampa just recently, the USF logic is "Why would we build our own stadium, when the Superbowl was just hosted in the same stadium USF plays at.... how many college football programs can say they play their home games, in the same place that just hosted the Superbowl?"

He confirmed (just like he confirmed the time and location with the IPF) that it's absolutely never going to happen for USF.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

Not a big deal to me.  Never understood the need, anyway.  The desire? Yes.  Need? No.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

USF will build an OCS if one of two things happen.

1. the deal for RJS usage changes dramatically 

2. the Big12 says an OCS is necessary for expansion.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,088
  • Days Won:  56

13 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

3. Someone with half a billion $$ steps forward and offers it

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

20 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Dat

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Hey thanks for kicking me in the nuts bro. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

56 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

For those who might remember, my post on Feb 8th that called EXACTLY what happened in regards to the Indoor Practice Facility-

Actually, no it didn't. Your post didn't mention the football renovations to the Selmon Center, which is the only thing starting in March. Didn't mention that the IPF was starting construction in the summer or that it had 2 phases ..... and your location for the IPF was wrong. So in reality, the only thing you got EXACTLY right was that some type of construction was starting in March.

So I'm going to take your other "insider info" about state subsidies, etc with a grain of salt for now. Not that I think that we have an ocs in our future but your "source" probably knows about as much definitive about it as me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Hmm??  Hope you dont get your "source" fired for revealing classified information.         One building block at a time. 1) Get a team that can have repetitive winning seasons. 2) Start playing in bowl games again annually and pickup some extra $$. 3) Build up some national recognition that USF is back better than they were before. How? by winning. 4) keep a great not just good coaching staff. 5) stop firing coaches only to need to pay them over long periods w/ buy outs. 6) play anybody, anywhere, anytime but...kick their ass. Then and only then will USF ever be considered for anything/anyplace else. Nobody wants a losing program...Sadly, we are in baby step mode almost like starting over. Were getting a much needed IPF it's a start. Maybe? USF can find a couple big corporate sponsors with deep pockets to help pickup on the donation shortfalls. 7) Maybe? some miracle will happen where the "majority of Alumni" will actually take an interest in their university and kick in some bucks instead...of the short numbers that do already.        Ok Mr. Galser there has to be an 8 ??? 😎 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

That sucks.

Going to away games and seeing what schools do with their stadiums, memorabilia, ring of honors, traditions, etc. within their OCSs bums me out. I mean if FAU could do it, why can't we?

I think it could also severely provide a severe and much needed economic boost to the North Tampa area for games during winning seasons and an overall better student experience (driving back and forth and depending on one of us to DD was a pain and honestly most times overlooked cause we were dumb ass, selfish kids - make me wonder if there is any data on student car accidents after games or leaving the stadium). It would be also nice to have a reason to come back to campus and tailgate.

Whatever, screw RJ. Not all USF fans are bucs fans. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Actually, no it didn't. Your post didn't mention the football renovations to the Selmon Center, which is the only thing starting in March. Didn't mention that the IPF was starting construction in the summer or that it had 2 phases ..... and your location for the IPF was wrong. So in reality, the only thing you got EXACTLY right was that some type of construction was starting in March.

So I'm going to take your other "insider info" about state subsidies, etc with a grain of salt for now. Not that I think that we have an ocs in our future but your "source" probably knows about as much definitive about it as me.

Bob Woodward GIF by GIPHY News