• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Just silly things like stadiums always being a losing investments that no one actually wants to pay for in life when they have viable alternatives especially in a world of declining interest in attending sports where we are relegated to an increasingly marginalized group of have nots and never having a consistent fanbase for this level and not having deep enough pockets to merit moving to an inferior stadium with debt service of 40 years that will likely never be played in for that period of time and having no practical other purpose. However  if you can get past those little things it clearly makes perfect sense especially when you see the droves of students that make the trek all the way to the Sundome to catch our basketball games for that OCS feel.

Nominated for Puc's Top 10 run-on sentences. Yes, I know there are two. Talkin' but the first one. Still haven't read it.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Nominated for Puc's Top 10 run-on sentences. Yes, I know there are two. Talkin' but the first one. Still haven't read it.

Hahaha I had some of you in mind when I wrote it. The purpose of this use of the run on sentence is that it is meant to convey that I’m initially agreeing that it’s not that bad of an idea, except for the endless list of things that will pop into your mind if you put any critical thought into the idea.  In short stadiums are expensive especially if you have a cheaper and better alternative readily available to you and have uncertainty in where the funds will be coming from given dwindling dollars and fans.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

46 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Good lord that is a special one by the Pucmister...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Hahaha I had some of you in mind when I wrote it. The purpose of this use of the run on sentence is that it is meant to convey that I’m initially agreeing that it’s not that bad of an idea, except for the endless list of things that will pop into your mind if you put any critical thought into the idea.  In short stadiums are expensive especially if you have a cheaper and better alternative readily available to you and have uncertainty in where the funds will be coming from given dwindling dollars and fans.

ACE50034-FB4C-42DF-9C23-8362F1FC9452.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

We got an IPF and our kids get 2 play in a real NFL stadium....glass half full 😎. I went to UF and TRUST me, Benn Hill is nowhere near as nice or as fancy as Raymond James Stadium. A majority college stadiums arent as nice as RJS or can compete with NFL stadiums. I think there is waaaaaay too much made about USF not having an OCS. RJS is only 10 miles away from the campus. These kids have uber and Im sure some type of transport bus service to get them to the games.

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I'd love an on campus stadium as much as anyone, but while we suck things aren't as fun and thats something tangible we can point at and blame. But if that on campus stadium had just 25k fans in it and USF was losing by 3 scores to a G5 team the atmosphere would still be dull.

If we can even just sustain Memphis's levels of success the last 7 years (floor of 8 wins and every 2-3 years win 10+ games and compete for a conference championship) we would consistently be pulling 45k fans into Ray Jay and game days would be a blast. The red seats don't suck as much when there are fans in USF colors to cover them. 

Edited by bulloni
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,794
  • Days Won:  22

We must win consistently, plenty of schools have OCS and can’t fill them because they are losing. I want an OCS but right now with our current conditions it would be half full after first year of we still stink on the field. Let’s start winning consistently and getting 25k season tickets on a yearly basis first. We can win and be successful playing in RJS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

Run on brother, run on......✌️

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

I'd love an on campus stadium as much as anyone, but while we suck things aren't as fun and thats something tangible we can point at and blame. But if that on campus stadium had just 25k fans in it and USF was losing by 3 scores to a G5 team the atmosphere would still be dull.

If we can even just sustain Memphis's levels of success the last 7 years (floor of 8 wins and every 2-3 years win 10+ games and compete for a conference championship) we would consistently be pulling 45k fans into Ray Jay and game days would be a blast. The red seats don't suck as much when there are fans in USF colors to cover them. 

Memphis has Big money( Fedex Graf alumnus) behind them that wants to see them be a power house in all things athletics and academics. That helps a lot....$$

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Run on brother, run on......✌️

Being a USF fan is difficult, tedious and exhausting if anyone is writing about the subject and makes it easy to read they are not setting the proper tone for the subject.