• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Maybe, but a USF game at Ray Jay will never have the same feel.  Anyways, I think the survey proved that we want cupholders more than an OCS anyway.

You expect people to hold their own cups? Are we barbarians?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

You expect people to hold their own cups? Are we barbarians?

LOL apparently not.  The feasibility survey made me vomit at our preferences, but that's the way it goes.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Hey thanks for kicking me in the nuts bro. 

Couldn’t help myself here

D313AD89-BA61-4C0D-9D0F-C0CE0BF28532.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

Reason, UF and FSU do not want us to have one because it will impact them.  That is why all the loop holes have been shutdown.  You see what they did in Lakeland to spank Judy.  End of story.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

18 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Reason, UF and FSU do not want us to have one because it will impact them.  That is why all the loop holes have been shutdown.

Honestly, Riz, I don't think any loop holes have all of a sudden been closed. The reasons cited for us never having one by the anonymous source are kind of ridiculous. We may never have one but there will be more valid reasons than those listed ...

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, Riz, I don't think any loop holes have all of a sudden been closed. The reasons cited for us never having one by the anonymous source are kind of ridiculous. We may never have one but there will be more valid reasons than those listed ...

Just silly things like stadiums always being a losing investments that no one actually wants to pay for in life when they have viable alternatives especially in a world of declining interest in attending sports where we are relegated to an increasingly marginalized group of have nots and never having a consistent fanbase for this level and not having deep enough pockets to merit moving to an inferior stadium with debt service of 40 years that will likely never be played in for that period of time and having no practical other purpose. However  if you can get past those little things it clearly makes perfect sense especially when you see the droves of students that make the trek all the way to the Sundome to catch our basketball games for that OCS feel.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

For those who might remember, my post on Feb 8th that called EXACTLY what happened in regards to the Indoor Practice Facility-

The same source confirmed to me that USF will NEVER have an on-campus Football Stadium.

Why?

State Subsidies is what he said

State Subsidies, which are given based on how old your university is, is why USF won't ever have an on-campus stadium. We don't get nearly enough of State Subsidies to pay for the on campus stadium.

Also, with the Super Bowl being hosted in Tampa just recently, the USF logic is "Why would we build our own stadium, when the Superbowl was just hosted in the same stadium USF plays at.... how many college football programs can say they play their home games, in the same place that just hosted the Superbowl?"

He confirmed (just like he confirmed the time and location with the IPF) that it's absolutely never going to happen for USF.

Never is a very long time. At one time UCF was never going to have an on campus stadium. Now they play on campus and one day they may have a real stadium.

Either way, who cares?  It isn't the most important thing. Really, it isn't. Not with a great stadium down the road.

Just now, Who'sYourData? said:

Never is a very long time. At one time UCF was never going to have an on campus stadium. Now they play on campus and one day they may have a real stadium.

Either way, who cares?  It isn't the most important thing. Really, it isn't. Not with a great stadium down the road.

But their reason was the citrus bowl falling apart, them being the primary renter and the city not wanting to make any kind of concessions or effort on their contract because they felt they had no options, they didn’t build that piece of **** because they actually wanted to they felt their hand was forced.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

half baked boo GIF

20 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

half baked boo GIF

I mean despite their recent revisionist history that this was some great plan they have been pretty open that they had every intention to stay at the citrus bowl but they were going to have to find a place to go while it was renovating and they were told that the value of them and their fans was zero and they could take of leave anything that they chose to throw their way.