• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:
IMG_3735-1.jpg

It was in the rumor mill, but unexpected by faculty, that the Sept. 8...

no surprise academics want that money spent elsewhere…but the assistant director of media relations said an updates coming soon.

Feel like we’ve heard that for the past 6 weeks

There would be consistent revenue stream coming in to the University that weren't before. That is a good thing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

You did say you would wager anyone.

We can certainly discuss numbers when it's done.

This is true.  October 13th, 2041 I am willing to wager that there will NOT be an On Campus Stadium at USF.  The Rays will get their stadium built before USF does.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

...  The Rays will get their stadium built ...

But probably not in Florida or even the United States of America.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

The constant "soon" answer to OCS update questions is getting annoying. Why soon? Why not be a little bit more transparent about what soon actually is (1 week, 1 month, 1 year?). And if we're waiting on something in order to make an updated statement, why not say that? You don't have to go into specifics, but literally any statement is better than none 6 weeks into this. Everyone is making up their own narrative about what's happening given that there's nothing coming from USF.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

If a stadium is happening?

Yes

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, bulloni said:
IMG_3735-1.jpg

It was in the rumor mill, but unexpected by faculty, that the Sept. 8...

no surprise academics want that money spent elsewhere…but the assistant director of media relations said an updates coming soon.

Feel like we’ve heard that for the past 6 weeks

You can't ask faculty if they think millions should be spent to build a football palace and not expect this answer. If you found a faculty member who said "Yes!" they'd be instantly ostracized. There are always going to be funding challenges on the academic side that need to be addressed. If your goal was to completely fund everything every academic program on campus would ever need, then you should just shutter your athletic program altogether. It's a silly question to ask that constituency. You got that same answer 26 years ago when we launched the football program. They never consider the spillover the university receives in other areas - enrollment, fundraising, etc. - when you have a successful and visible athletic program.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

You did say you would wager anyone.

We can certainly discuss numbers when it's done.

I am all for calling out those most vocal about wanting a stadium and asking them to pay. I appreciate that.  That said, if he is a school teacher I think Iron Bull maybe a little bit out of reach.  Even so, pain must be felt in order to satisfy donations which are relative to the person's wish for a new building.  I am guessing somewhere between Green and Silver would be appropriate.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I find it rather amusing that most of you on here are actually buying into the propaganda that USF is going to be building an OCS within the next twenty years.  I will wager with anyone right here and now that on October 13th, 2041, USF will NOT have an on campus stadium.

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I am just a poor teacher, a product of the USF College of Education, I probably couldn't afford to be an Iron Bull.  I could probably be a paper mache Bull or a Wet Paper Towel Bull though.

How about when they announce you pledge a minimum of $100/month for 10 years.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I just find it hilarious that the person who started this whole thread tries to come back and save face after he was proven wrong, yet again.

I'm not trying to save face... this is DIRECT information from inside Athletics

After the Bucs Superbowl, and prior to UCF being moved up, the tone across the university was "Why do we need an OCS? They just played the superbowl in the same stadium as USF plays their home games"

Then UCF gets moved up and we got embarassed and humiliated. That changed the tone

Also, I was right about the IPF and it's location, and when it was going to break ground.... so my sources are legit

I'm not trying to save face, I've never met a single person from this forum. I'm just a USF alumini, who was there in 1996 living in Fontana Hall, when they were getting this whole program off the ground. I played intramural softball with Bill Gramatica, Sean Hay, and Jason Butler. I lived with Leon Matthews on the 10th floor of Fontana, off the OG team.

I have a VERY, VERY good friend inside of USF Athletics. I have a ball used in the first ever USF football game, given to me by Ryan Benjamin. It's sitting right next to my program from the first game, along with my stubs from the first game.

Both autographed by Jim Leavitt

I could care less what my "face" looks like to any of you. I'm trying to share good quality information with my fellow USF fans.

field.jpeg

Edited by MikePhillips
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You can't ask faculty if they think millions should be spent to build a football palace and not expect this answer. If you found a faculty member who said "Yes!" they'd be instantly ostracized. There are always going to be funding challenges on the academic side that need to be addressed. If your goal was to completely fund everything every academic program on campus would ever need, then you should just shutter your athletic program altogether. It's a silly question to ask that constituency. You got that same answer 26 years ago when we launched the football program. They never consider the spillover the university receives in other areas - enrollment, fundraising, etc. - when you have a successful and visible athletic program.

(Not directed at you in particular, just wanted to make a point based on above comments)

I quickly read through expecting nothing but negative opinions but they actually bring up similar concerns which I have had (they just are not looking at it as a fan).  I do have concerns that after the tire kickers show up for the first game or so, that a team which cannot even win one game in the AAC will draw enough to pay for it all.  Also, unless you want to play a game or 2 every now in then at Raymond James, say goodbye to playing the teams which will fill up the stadium if the product on the field remains abysmal. The only qualifier I have is that if the rumor is true that a bigger conference encouraged USF to build such a stadium with promises of an invite, you have to take the chance and build it.  If no such statement exists, I would not be so enthused.