• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

My only point is my original one that they felt they were not valued as the main renter of the stadium and wanted to resolve the issue not having a place to play during the renovations so they felt forced to build a stadium and did not do so because they felt doing so was in and of itself a great idea.

Whining about not being valued enough is hardly being "forced" into it.  You also originally stated that it was an old stadium, which could not be further from the truth as there was a $100 million+ renovation happening at the same time they decided to build their own.  They built their own because they wanted to and thought they had the money, not because they were forced.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

On 3/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, CousinRicky said:

Just think, if they don't build a new stadium for the Bucs, they could leave town and we could build a new Medical School in one of the parking lots and, voila, we have an OCS.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Whining about not being valued enough is hardly being "forced" into it.  You also originally stated that it was an old stadium, which could not be further from the truth as there was a $100 million+ renovation happening at the same time they decided to build their own.  They built their own because they wanted to and thought they had the money, not because they were forced.

It is their perception that they were and what motivates the customer is ultimately the only truth that matters as they make the decision on where to spend their dollars, they built the stadium because they perceived that they had to and whether that was reasonable or not doesn’t really matter.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It is their perception that they were and what motivates the customer is ultimately the only truth that matters as they make the decision on where to spend their dollars, they built the stadium because they perceived that they had to and whether that was reasonable or not doesn’t really matter.

Again, they never perceived that they "had to".  This is a completely false narrative that you have made up in your head.

Not getting revenue from the new big screen is a pretty ridiculously small thing to cause you to build an entire stadium. I watched this unfold daily from Orlando, and listened to people on the radio.  The minor negotiation hiccup made them think about building one, but they had already been talking about that.  Then they were sold a bill of goods by a construction company that told them it would be cheap.  And it was cheap, and they have paid for that ever since as they keep shoring up the rusted pieces that could collapse.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Again, they never perceived that they "had to".  This is a completely false narrative that you have made up in your head.

Not getting revenue from the new big screen is a pretty ridiculously small thing to cause you to build an entire stadium. I watched this unfold daily from Orlando, and listened to people on the radio.  The minor negotiation hiccup made them think about building one, but they had already been talking about that.  Then they were sold a bill of goods by a construction company that told them it would be cheap.  And it was cheap, and they have paid for that ever since as they keep shoring up the rusted pieces that could collapse.

They say they had no plans to move and were motivated by not having a place to play and being told they were valued at zero dollars, it maybe petty but they state that it was their motivation and they had no other option. I see no reason they would lie about this since now they trumpet it as a great plan they had to differentiate themselves.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think you meant as long as they are winning they fill the stadium...just like any other program.

Last year notwithstanding, they do not generally fill their stadium. It's really easy to see all of the empty space in most of the televised games I have seen. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Yet we have mastered it.   Point was that if/when they have couple losing seasons, then we will see if the interest remains the same

Wow! you know what would be a good premise for a horror movie??                                                           So this college has a coach leave( actually driven out by pitch fork wielding folk and media) so they hire the Skipper(no not the one on the 3hr cruise) the son of a legend and.....he flickers hope then drives the Team into the netherworld. So they fire(literally they roast him on a fire but pay him a lot of $$ 1st) and find a new hire(like within 24 hrs) this "known" coach who just happens to be coming off a horrible horror movie of his own in Texas(no chainsaws--I think). He is the new savior for this Team in the depths of despair. But alas, he is stricken w/ ADS and Narcolepsy along with IDGAS...(figure it out) and runs the poor Team into the living hell of the world of losers. (repeatedly)                                                            **Yes I know WT was in there but it didnt fit my almost fictitious script.                                                      So that said, it's Friday. I can do no more damage on this site. And, it's pretty much slipping into wine30.  Have a good evening fellow Bull's..I leave you with "nonsense"   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Last year notwithstanding, they do not generally fill their stadium. It's really easy to see all of the empty space in most of the televised games I have seen. 

I agree...the opinion by many about their attendance is overrated. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

nullfield-of-dreams-movie-e1565284011851.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, mj796 said:

And that's even with bench seating that does a good job of covering up attendance deficiencies ...